It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 50 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Takayuki Hammered Santoku
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 am 

When I was young it was hard for my mother to get us to eat our vegetables. We always loved when she made chicken parmesan but it wasn't until we grew older that she admitted that many times it was actually eggplant parmesan and she just said it was chicken. We never knew the difference. But to this day eggplant parmesan is one of my favorite dishes! Thanks mommy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:55 pm 

Great question!

My mom was a great cook, but she was always trying new recipes on us when I was a kid. We were her lab rats! And not every recipe was a winner. However her most famous failure was a recipe for turkey tetrazzini. I don't even remember what was so awful about it, but it was so bad we actually threw it away and went to McDonalds for dinner!

Several years later, I was a college student . . . and wasn't performing terribly well in the classroom, which didn't make my mom very happy. During that year, my mom got an invitation for University food services to send in my favorite recipe and they would try to make it for the dining hall. My mom threatened to send them that old awful turkey tetrazzini recipe! I got A's on my next few tests . . . it was great motivation!

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:34 pm 

Favorite had to be steamed tile fish with ginger, scallions and soy sauce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 pm 

One of my favorites would have to be my grandma's fried chicken, with black-eyed peas, rice, and collard greens.
Also, any time I could get fried shrimp!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:50 pm 

Favorite as a child was Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese with tunafish mixed in. I know it sounds gross, but I still love to eat it.

I'm a picky eater there are so many least favorites. I spent many nights at the table staring down my mom because I wouldn't eat two bites of each item on my plate. The worst was probably gravy steak. My Mom has now let it out that she made gravy steak whenever she was mad at me because she knew it would make me super annoyed. Every time I begged her to leave mine as chicken fried steak, but she just had to soak it in that disgusting gravy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm 

My least favorite dish was something my Mom would feed me when I was very young; soft boiled egg scooped out into a bowl with white bread pieces torn into it. My favorite meal was her spaghetti with garlic tomato sauce.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:14 pm 

Definatly taco night was my favorite. The Ortega box. I loved the taco sauce it came with. My mother's homemade pizza was my least favorite. I don't know if she made or bought the sauce, but it was pretty bad and had no place on a pizza.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm 

My favorite food growing up was my mother's homemade Japanese curry with hamburger. Cheap and easy for a family in Hawaii.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:21 am 

Favorite : Chicken breast Pane al anglaise , fried
Least Favorite : Liver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:07 am 

Liver and onions..

Page 50 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 55  Next