my name is David, i live in Germany and have been browsing through your website for quite some time now.
1. Are you right handed? Yes
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..) Gyuto, Medium or Laser
3. What size knife are you looking for? 210 or 240
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? Carbon
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? Japanese
6. How much did you want to spend? 200-350$
7. Do you know how to sharpen? Yes
Maybe you guys want to comment on some of the thoughts i have on these knives i've choosen so far. I understand that all of these knives are probably great, but unfortunatly i can't get them all Takeda Gyuto or Sasanoha AS
: i am sure it is a good knife, but my feeling is that the Gyuto might be too tall, and the sasanoha to low. This is really the only reason i haven't ordered one yet. Masakage Yuki
: would have already gotten one if another handle/ferrule could be attached to it. Maybe this is possible? The geometry of the Masakage's generally seem very good.Konosuke Fujiyama White#2
: quite expensive for a White#2, but i like the simplicity of the blade design and the very nice looks of the Ebony handle. Excellent fit and finish.Anryu Hammered Blue #2 with Bubinga Handle:
seems also like a great choice, unfortunatly not available at the moment. Are there any plans to restock these in the near future? I like it a bit more than the Masakage Koishi (Kuroushi and
Tsuchime may be a tad too much for me)Kajihara Damascus
: probably the least popular of the bunch, but it seems actually very nice. Not sure about the geometry of the blade though, as the flat spot of the blade seems very long.
Thanks for reading and helping making a choice!