It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Looking for the "Missing Link"
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Don't wish for that kind of stuff. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:07 pm 

You just made my wallet nervous.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:56 am 

Wow! I am impressed with the number of replies already. Many thanks to all for a solid baseline to begin my quest.
Since this knife is going to be my "dream blade" I will wait for the one that calls to me.
I have put the Anryu Hammered 230 on the short list
Two absolutes: Japanese Handle, and 50MM blade height , 240MM length, unless I opt for a Sujihiki or something other than a Gyuto
I am going to give Adam Marr's advice considerable thought Great advice Adam
Mark, I already have your Laser in 210MM, I own nothing at 240MM, so that really is the length I want if I get a Gyuto
A Sujihiki is No2 on the possible list, I really don't own a good one. Probably want a 270MM length for a good Suji.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:19 am 

OK... while they last (or until Sunday) here is an absolute STEAL! http://www.chefknivestogo.com/fomosp.html

The current forum monthly sale is the Goko Adam mentioned. Normally $189, VERY well liked, and an awesome finish on a stainless clad knife with a great grind, for $109...
Your budget is $300? OK, buy one of these NOW and then struggle over which $200 suji you want to buy. :P

Or get another knife or two for your set, or even sharpening stones and STILL be within your budget. Or wait to see what Mark tempts us with next month... ;)
You're a forum member so you can take advantage of the sale. Just make sure to put your forum name in the comment section when checking out.

He said he only had like 25 of these, so you might wanna make up your mind quick.
I'm only mentioning this now because I've already ordered mine... :P lol

Here is the actual product page with the full price and two review videos: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/gokogyuto240mm.html
If you don't know anything about the knife, watch those vids and then return here and use the link to the forum sale at the top of this post to buy it at a pretty damn steep discount.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:58 pm 

Jump on the Goko 240 white #1 that DefMunky mentioned on sale in the "Forum Monthly Sale" section. That is a great deal on a super gyuto. The Goko is a very good value at the regular $189 price and the sale price $109 makes it a steal! I have been using my Goko for almost a year and it has a nice grind, sharpens with ease and is a versatile knife. IMO it is everything the good reviews says about it. Hey DefMonkey where on the website is the "Monthly Sale Knife" section?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 pm 

Thanks Bikeman for the heads up. I knew Mark was going to offer something good for the forum members.
I jumped all over that Goko. It was on the short list at $189, but when I saw $109 for forum members, I immediately pulled the trigger. :shock:

I hope for more feedback. After I use the Goko I may have to re evaluate. A nice Suji might be next.

As for stones I am all set. I have a 400 Latte, 1000, 2000,5000, and I just ordered a Shapton 8000

I have had my Richmond Laser for over a year now. I think I might have stropped it on balsa and leather twice. Still a cuttin fool :!:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:03 am 

Bikeman,

Top of the General Discussion board. Here: exclusive-forum-only-sales-t4849.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:04 am 

Philly,

Gonna love the Goko. It's an awesome knife.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:53 pm 
Forum Moderator

Goko is an awesome knife for sure. I really like what they're putting out.

http://marrknives.com
http://facebook.com/marrknives

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:41 pm 

Check out my post in the photo section.
I got the Goko and have done a comparison to my trusty Wearever Professional carbon steel blade.
They share similar features.
Let me know what you think.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2