It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shiro Kamo Knives
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Shiro Kamo knives are made by Master Blacksmith Kamo-san from Takefu. Kamo-san has a small crew of only 2 other workmen currently in his shop. It's rare to find blacksmiths that excell with both grinding and forging. When Kamo-san was just 47 years old, he was awarded the "Dento-Kogei-shi" title which stands for "master of traditional crafts" and is given only to a select few artisans that have a significant contribution to their craft in a particular region.
Owner Shiro Kamo
Start of business 1955
Founder Tokichi Kamo
"Our company has been in business for over 40 years, and we would like to deliver excellent products and we are willing to create knives that you would have emotional attachment. Knife industry is aging. I am the youngest business owner. I would like to be a business owner that would support future development. Additionally, I would like to create new skills and preserve traditional skills, and at the same time, I would like to hand on those skills to the next generation. Currently, we are producing special knives, such as soba-cutting, paper-cutting, fish-filleting, or any other knives for special purpose that provide easiness of use. We use different materials and change shapes for different usage." In the future, I would like to expand our business and I would like to make knives that anybody can recognize who made them.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/shkakn.html

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Shiro Kamo Knives
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:01 pm 

I like :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:50 pm 

These are quite popuar over here in germany

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:43 pm 

Oh wow... I'm really digging the "rough" unpolished damascus look! Talk about a blade that just oozes character!

I'm pretty much sold on the pics alone... now for someone to buy one and let us know how they work. lol ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:53 pm 
Forum Moderator

I've spoken about them before... (use the search feature)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:04 pm 

LOL! Sorry... didn't look at the dates before the necro... I thought this was something JUST added to the site so I didn't look for reviews. On second look the stars under the 240mm should have thrown a red flag. I will definitely search it out. Thank you Mel! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:57 am 

Relieved Choil design...That's a goddamn feature every knife should have. Does it not make sharpening much easier to avoid bumping into things?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]