It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: customer service I learned from mark
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:11 pm 
Forum Moderator

I have know Mark Richmond and Susan Brown since as long as I can remember
And besides being the man to go to for japanese knives, stones, etc I learned a lot about customer service. Today I thought I was going to finish early for a change on of my wifes customers was in her hair salon and was complaining she needed a last minute gift for her loving husband, I quickly stuck my fat head through the door and said how about a unique pocket knife with a pocket clip and a sheath, she asked the price but it continged on if I could get it razor sharp before she left and I said sure, fortunately my wife understood slow down a little.. So the choseras were already soaked snd I went back out to the workshop and started with a 600k and worked up to the snow white. Turned out beautiful, heres a pic or two and my hands were shaking bad due to a condition I have but I think you will see the results are great. NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE, sharpen a new knife while you get your hair done. That's one of the lessons I learned from CKTG and mark. Just find a way.

Attachments:
20131219_151055.jpg
20131219_151055.jpg [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 380 times ]

Post subject: Re: customer service I learned from mark
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:15 pm 
Forum Moderator

I'll try one more but my hands were really shaking I was in a hurry

Attachments:
File comment: Not the best but u get the idea. Customer service at its best.
20131219_151130.jpg
20131219_151130.jpg [ 1.88 MiB | Viewed 378 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:31 pm 

Even with the pics that looks like a NICE edge! I think your customer's hubby will be impressed. ;)

Plus with your customer service and the edge you put on there, you have a good chance the hubby will come back in for sharpening. Nothing like happy repeat customers to keep a business going, and you couldn't buy any better advertising. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:45 pm 

You did good Jim! Nice sale and SERVICE!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 pm 
Forum Moderator

Thanks guys it is weird that has happened 3 times now. This pocket knife and a full size 9 inch chef I sell ecxept she wanted the mamiun on the big on I think I dId a video on 1. Last week it was one of my full size French brands and it prefers j-nats and I got it done. My name is all I have and if your reputation goes so does everything else. Thats why I sell the best I can get. I hate junk but people have to get what they can and upgrade. Peace, jmbullma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:11 pm 

Just saw this, that's excellent, well done. Not only does the husband get a nice gift but a bit of a story behind it as well, cool.
As we all learn the art of customer service from Mark, we learn from you too, thanks for posting this.
peter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:46 am 
Forum Moderator

Thank you all. Its great to know the CKTG family Is still around for advice. Peace to all jmbullman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:11 am 

Great service both you and Mark. Great people

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:29 am 

Great story jmbullman. One of the reasons I've only bought from CKTG is because of Mark's service. It's awesome that you have followed his lead and it has paid off!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:00 am 
Forum Moderator

Thank you between my famikys business which is going on 50 years soon and what I learned from mark and my undeniable way I go to make customers happy. Its been a good mix. Since I made a few spiritual changes which concentrate on zen and karma and belief in the ones self no mountain is to high plus a quality product with 0 issues or comebacks for breakage or my edge which I all freehand it gives me an out for the pain. The dr's have told me my days are in numbers not decades I do what I can. But not to quote a great movie. "There is another freehander" my son is coming of age. It will be his soon and I need to teach hi m all my skills but kids today it ain't got a joystick attitude they can't figure it out. He must unlearn what he has learned. Thanks to all and peace and prosperity to all

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next