It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 20 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm 

I had a little too much to drink, so for the first time, I decided to take a taxi home. Worked great too - the police let me pass through a sobriety check point without stopping. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the taxi I stole... :lol:

Ron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:11 pm 

most lame/best New Years' experience Was at home sharpening my new global knife with new stone and missed the count down and did not even get the edge I wanted. lame??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:12 pm 

had the day off to

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:04 am 

Worked all day, ran home, made a steak diane / steak au poivre hybrid for the crew, went out on a midnight hike with some spirits in a bottle and the stars for company. Saw some shooting stars to ring in the new year. Pretty decent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:42 pm 

Two years ago, my girlfriend flew back from Texas early so we could spend new years together. We are engaged now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 pm 

The GF and I had a great dinner at a nice French place then went to a house party and drank quite a bit of..everything. Also included a very anti-climatic fireworks display. Pretty great night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 am 

I suppose it would be watching the fireworks from the metronome in Prague, CZ.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:27 am 

Work work work!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:12 am 

Lol, The lamest and best thing for me is one in the same. It was this last New Years Eve. It was Yours Truely, 2 sauteuse, 4 burners, and a pot of boiling water doing 70 covers, prix fixe, out of a little hole in the wall from 6 pm to 8 pm. Everyone wanted to celebrate at 10, because they were old, lol. Absolute insanity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:22 am 

LAMEST NYE: (IN NYC) Worked a normal evening shift 5pm-10pm with a "whack" NYE menu. Just because the chef shaved truffles on almost every course, regardless of thought; he thought he was the $h^%... Not so, Chef and Restaurant to remain nameless. Then I rang in the new year underground on the N train with a few miserable passengers and overly drunk teens, all in attempt to make it home before midnight to celebrate with my very patient girlfriend.
BEST NYE: Rang in the new year at a hot spring near Steamboat, CO. with good friends. The evening was preceded by snowboarding all day, and followed by a half day due to a serious hangover (partially altitude induced)

Page 20 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next