It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 18 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:08 pm 

Lamest experience was being locked down on an Army post about to go overseas for a deployment as part of a National Guard unit. While the active duty soldiers all got the day off,had the freedom to go off post, and drink, we had none of those things. To top it off all of the shops on post were closed. So the day came and went like any other, without recognition.
The best NYE experience was the following year when we were all back home with our friends and families.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:52 pm 

For the big Y2K New Year's, I went to a party at a co-worker's house with about 25 people. At 11 PM, the party broke up because everyone was afraid "something" might happen at midnight. The thing was, I was in San Diego, so if anything was going to happen it would have already occurred 18 hours earlier in Australia. At midnight...I was home, alone, watching TV.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:14 pm 

Best New Years was going to down town Austin and getting a hotel room. Then putting on my "Night at the Roxbury" blue shiny shirt and my wife putting on her tight flame pants and meeting up with our friends. Our friends had gone to dinner first and when we met up with them they were all dressed up in formal attire.

When the waitress came around for our first round of drinks she completely skipped me and my wife. What made it awesome is that all the formal guys were stuffy and we stood out and got our party on . . . even the band members remember us when we have seen them later at different venues . . . what a blast!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:07 pm 

I normally fall asleep around 9pm every new year's eve.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:30 pm 

Had an amazing New Years this year, we had 70 guests booked for a 5 course table d'hote menu. The reservations were all staggered and looked as if my plans for 10pm just might work......as service carried on the food was coming out perfect the team was doing great and everyone was on point. Until 8 pm when most of our resos were all now running late as per usual, we pushed hard to get through another 30 guests after 8pm to drill out 5 courses before 10pm....not a chance. We pushed hard to get through it and a I saw 10pm come on I texted my girlfriend who happily understood as a chef I am always late for plans....so after all the orders where out an a celebratory beer was cracked we scrubbed the kitchen down and i was able to get out by 1115, I excitedly jumped into my truck to fire it up just to realize that I was totally stuck in snow and ice....ugh I ran back inside and got everyone from the kitchen to push me out of my icy rut, finally free I tore up the street to get stuck in concert traffic!!!
After pushing my way through I got out and up to see her at 1155....whew, we cracked some bubbly and shared our first New Years together eating salamis and cheeses until the wee hours.....craziest New Years in awhile....most of the time it's just dinner service and then drunken insanity lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:33 pm 

Per the usual, I rang in the new year with co workers as the last tables finished up. Then I had an awesome time at our holiday party on New Year's Day complete with shigoku and Kumamoto oysters, champagne, black eyes peas and collards, and the piece de resistance, a grateful dead cover band. It was a great way to celebrate a year of hard work!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:51 pm 

We went to New York city to celebrate New year's eve at Time square, but after a long day walking, freezing in the cold, we decided to go back to our hotel, which was 4 blocks from Time Square. But at 11h45, feeling cheap, we decided to go outside to try to enter in the zone of time square (which is closing around 3pm and doesn't accept people after). But it was closed 2 blocks before we could get there.
With gates everywhere and tons of police officers, we couldn't do nothing... But in one second while the police wasn't looking in our direction, we decided to run, run the fastest we can, and cross all the gates . Didn't remember to have run that fast!!
After all, we made it! Right on time for the count down!
Was amazing, best NYE ever! :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:21 pm 

My little of both best and lamest was last year. The best was driving a Rose Parade float down approx. 17 miles at 2 miles an hour. The lame part, not being able celebrate the new year like the rest of the crazies on the street once down in Pasadena.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 pm 

Best thing done on a New Years was an ATV/Camping trip down to the Calif. Buttercup dunes with friends; awesome time. Lamest thing would be sitting at home with the flu but I guess that wasn't my fault. This year went to a hockey game where we came back from behind late in the third to tie and then went on to win SD OT with only 6 seconds left. Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years. Here's to a better 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:44 pm 

Has to be doing nothing and in bed by 9 because got to work in 4 in the morning that's pretty lame

Page 18 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next