It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:20 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 16 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:19 am 

having to stay home when everyone is out partying. that's lame.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:54 am 

Taking care of my new grandson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:58 am 

Pretty good New Years...nice restaurant with a swing band, some dancing, then home before midnight to watch the new year come in on TV with my honey!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:58 am 

I spent this new year's eve driving to Chicago from Columbus OH. We detoured through Champaign IL and considered booking a hotel room to wait out the storm in Chicago but decided to tough it out and drive home. It was the smart move because that was just the start of a three day snowstorm and we don't need no stinkin' hotel to act like newlyweds!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:05 am 

Fantastic- cooking, wine, sake, beer
Lame-don't remember??!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:28 am 

a friend offered to help me prepare dinner for New Year's eve - specifically to dice onions. I offered him a choice of knives beginning with my old, sharp Solingen blade followed by my new Richmond laser aogami super 210mm. (He is not a cook, so I suggested he use a pinch grip and showed him a basic approach.) His eyes got huge with astonishment when he sliced with the Richmond. Then he teared up. Do you think it was the knife - or the onion? Happy New Year. cheers, nycalif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:44 am 

Oh New Years, a time of celebration, right? Well, maybe. This New Years I spent 8 hours cooking and getting ready for what was supposed to be a huge New Years party, celebrating my first New Years off in three years and the last one I will probably have for the next twenty years of my career. Let me just say, stay away from moonshine. My night turned into my best friend getting into a fight with my girlfriend, me chasing him down the street totally drunk, me and my girlfriend almost breaking up and me making a complete fool of myself. Happy New Years to me! Not. The only plus side to this was during the 8 hours of cooking I was using my new Richmond Super Aegomi Gyuto, which is a dream come true.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:15 am 

Best thing I did was this year. Hang out with my 7 month old until her bed time and then spend a little time with my wife until our bed time. 9:30. Yup, old now and loving it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:47 am 

Just making it to a New Year works for me.

There once were some chef knives to go
through the Wisconsin winter and snow
Mark and Sue are right here
spreading gladness and cheer
And I sure hope I win don't you know. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 am 

My lamest was this year, spent arguing with my gf about the complex situation with my ex :-(

My best was for y2k, when I met friends in Paris over a great home cooked meal. Paris was in such a frenzy that we didn't manage to meetup with everybody but still had a great time.

Page 16 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next