It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 15 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

When I was 17 I thought it would be fun to take the xmas tree and stuff it up the chimney while there was a fire going. If you've ever burned a spruce tree you would think the thing is made from gasoline the way it goes up in flames. I only got the top third up the chimney and then it lit. Within 10 seconds there was a wall of fire that ran all the way up the wall to the ceiliing. There was a big piece of cardboard that we used to block the fireplace when not used and I grabbed it and jammed it up against the tree and that stopped the house from burning down. By the time the carboard lit on fire the tree was burning itself out and I was left with a big black soot streak on the wall. My mom didn't think it was funny when she got home.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:40 pm 

How about going to a New Years DAY party on New Years EVE? Lame....but it made us the center of all the attention the next day!!! Oh, actually that was pretty lame too

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:53 pm 

In Jr. High, my cousins and I had a bottle rocket war... in suburban Kansas City. We ended up blowing out a street light accidentally when a bottle rocket nailed the light.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:54 pm 

Went to an unfamiliar small town New Years party, because I was working in the area. When we got there it must have been a seniors party because were the youngest there by 30 years. It was a blast, never danced so many times in my life..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 pm 

My lame story actually involves two NYE "celebrations."

The first was actually going quite well. I hosted a large party at my house with plenty of food, drinks, and tons of friends. We finally rigged the projector in time to catch the last 7 seconds of the ball drop. Everyone rejoiced! Everything was tons of fun and the night was truly one to remember. However, I woke up the next morning only to find that someone had stolen my $1,500 laptop. Not exactly what you want to notice when you wake up on the biggest hangover day of the year. I never found out who did it, and despite the tracking software on the computer, it was never found.

The second didn't start so well. I was working at my first job as a line cook in a 250 seat restaurant. By the time the night was over, we had served over 600 people (making 8 cases worth of avocados of guacamole was nowhere near fun). Luckily I had my Tojiro DP I purchased rom CKTG. Still my favorite of many knives to this day. Anyway, I returned home to my house where we had essentially a duplicate party of the year before. I was thoroughly exhausted, working harder than I had ever before. A few days prior, knowing I wouldn't be present for most of the party, I went to the hardware store and purchased a latch and a padlock to my room specifically so nobody could get in. So I walk up the stairs only to find that someone had broken down my door, torn down the doorframe, rummaged through my doors and stolen my checkbook. No, I am not kidding. I was not happy going downstairs to rip the plug out of the speakers and shout "EVERYONE GET THE F$#! OUT" to all of my best "friends." Luckily, nothing happened with the checkbook, but two consecutive NYE parties were totally ruined. And the rat was never discovered.

Pretty lame, right? :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:09 pm 

The lamest thing I have done on New Years and I have done it several years in a row was work the dinner shift at the restaurant and been doing something like taking out the trash only to hear the guests in the dining room yell happy new year while I am picking up muck by the dumpsters.

The coolest thing I have done was I made a costume out of Burger King paper crowns and went there in the middle of the night and proclaimed I was the Burger King and demanded free burgers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:43 pm 

The best, very best, thing I ever did on New Year's eve was propose to my wife. It was at a New Year's eve party at her aunt's house in 1967. We were married the following September. This past Sept. was our 45th anniversary.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 pm 

The best new year experience I had was sleeping with my sick baby girl. It's my first child who have the flu virus. She fell asleep on my chest and we slept the whole night hugging. She is my world and nothing is better than being with her. =)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am 

Funny that I'm above the guy who said being sober was the lamest but my best was actually this year without alcohol spent the whole night with my fiancé and our future baby Ava who is due on February 25th. I wanna tell you my lamest too was last year when I spent New Years at the Kitchi Gammi club prepping and cooking food for the "1 percent" the masamoto chef knive I bought from you helped me through that one though for sure. Probably cut off 75% of the prep time it use to take! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:53 am 

The best new year I ever had was in Kaikoura New Zealand. After returning from working in Mexico I missed the beauty and peace of the place. I lay on my back on the rocks at a seal colony on the peninsula surrounded by seals, ate Abalone I had quickly fried with some chill and garlic, and zoned into the sounds of the ocean, and the clearest Sky I had ever seen. It was awesome peaceful and I felt relaxed and plugged into the universe.

Page 15 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next