It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:01 pm 

DefMunky wrote:Lamest thing I have done was this year... I went to bed at 9pm with no alcohol even though I have New Year's Day off from work... LOL

Only 38 and already I'm getting old... :P

Lol exact same thing here! except I am 31! I go to bed same time as my 7 month old!

https://www.facebook.com/BlackstoneKnifeCo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 pm 

The best thing of New Year's Eve is I run a kitchen team of 4 guys with special 12 course menu for 200 covers. That was the most intense service I've ever done

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:39 pm 

Sat up till 2am watching youtube videos on powdered metallurgy, single malt scotch reviews, and educational material by a sexologist while playing solitaire.

It sounds more desperate than it was...really...I'm ok...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:44 pm 

Best thing was stay at home with the wifey and ordered sushi. Lamest. ... worked a banquet Hall from 4pm-2am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:45 pm 

Best was NYE 2003. Me and my gf at the time went to look at ice sculptures and have other clean wholesome fun at First Night Boston. We got bored quickly and hit a bar where we met another young couple. The guy was a teacher at a private school somewhere in Mass. We went to another bar and were waiting in-line to get in when the teacher saw a former student pull up to the curb. He started yelling ‘Bruno, Bruno!!!” after which the tallest human I have ever seen lumbered out of the car. My gf at the time and I exchanged glances like WTF is happening? Bruno (Sundov) was the back-up center on the Celtics at the time.

We ended up glomming on to him and his friends and I got a to see what it was like to be in a NBA bench warmer’s entourage for an evening. Bruno was a really cool guy and funny as hell. I have pictures somewhere I’ll try and find if I can remember. The whole evening was like a drunken version of the movie ‘My Giant’.

Lamest have been our NYE’s most recently where my wife and I are currently in bed by 930, wiped out after taking care of the kids.

Thanks Bruno, wherever you are!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:18 pm 

I spent the day cooking and evening hanging out with my wife and four daughters. Cant get better then that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:22 pm 

Grateful Dead New Year shows every year til they stopped. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 pm 

How about trying to be Mr. Cool and sabering a bottle of Champagne in a small condo kitchen late on NYE. I should have stopped after two unsuccessful swipes of the knife, but I kept going and on the third strike the bottle promptly exploded and peppered me and everyone within 15 ft in a bath of bubbles and very small shards of glass.
I'm surprised I'm not wearing a pirate's patch over an eye after that maneuver.
To this day I still stand far, far away when I see someone else doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:37 pm 

Lamest, this year for sure.

Dinner service was lame, not busy and because it's NYE only big ticket items were selling, so Pantry and Sautee were dead. Once 9pm hit I swear there were tumble weeds rolling through.

Would have been satisfied if the place was hopping but it wasn't, wish I was at home with the family and friends.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 pm 

Best, Went to see my older brother's band play at a bar on NYE 24 years ago and met my wife that night...

Page 3 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next