It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Moritaka Petty
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:00 pm 

Those look tasty! Looks like the beignets we have here in Louisiana. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:09 pm 

Drove all the way to NY about a 12 hr drive, was there for about 3 hours and got a phone call asking if I had looked at the weather. Well unless I wanted to be stranded there for a very long time, I had to leave. So I spent the next 12 hours in the road trying to beat the storm. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:25 pm 

This year. I sat here watching movies on tv with commercials, because I'm too lazy to put in the uncut DVD of the same movie I own. Boo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 pm 

The lamest thing may have been this year. I got out of the kitchen around 11, went home, showered, and watched the ball drop with my girlfriend.

The best thing was probably a few years ago. I threw a huge party at my house, got drunk, and puked in my own washing machine. Closed the lid and went back to the party.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 pm 

Lamest was probably saying I'd take a nap at 11 and set the alarm to wake up for midnight.....Yeah it didn't happen.

Best was a couple years ago out in the desert with family and friends. Had some amazing Dutch Oven Prime Rib, drank some beer, and hung out with my then friend, now wife!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 pm 

Spent my first New Year with my wife to be, cleaned the oven...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:44 pm 

While I was overseas as a missionary in Ecuador we spent every new years eve teaching in conferences all over the high Andes mountains in the province of Chimborazo. One year we (my best friend Daniel and I) spent about 9 hours, teaching 6 of those 9hours, in 6 different communities after which we had a bit of fun.

The Quichua custom was for the kids to block the roads with small rocks and attempt to influence you to get candy or cash or something so that they would then open the road for you. Knowing this custom was coming and the propensity of the Quichua people for being ornery we decided to have bit of fun. On our way back that night as we would pull up to the road blocks Daniel would open the drivers window and the little kids would head over to his side to hopefully get something. As they would arrive to his side I would open my window and pitch a handful of bottle rockets or fireworks of some kind into the fire they always had beside the road to keep warm at. I am still not sure what was most fun watching the kids jump and run or the absolute laughter of their older siblings, who were always just a short distance away watching. Then it was even more fun when we would get out and they would realize they had been had by the missionaries. I think it took us 3 hours to drive the 20 minutes home between all the fun and the great laughter we would have with each group afterward.

Huauqui (I also got my moniker Huauqui while there but that is another story.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:45 pm 

This year missed the ball drop while watching some lame ass zombie movie.

When I was 22 I was 6'2" 160lbs and went to a New Years party dressed as Tina Turner's cousin Tuna Turner. A black leather mini skirt sure does keep the jewels cool!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:48 pm 

worked a dinner shift in a restaurant that didn't serve alcohol. 3 tables total for the night is all we saw come in the doors.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm 

This year i spent NYE with my whole family and lots of close friends. We celebrated Christmas on new years. It was a great night =)

Page 2 of 22 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next