It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to properly post "good" pictures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm 

Folks.....

I am by no means computer illiterate, but I must not be very good at understanding forums. ;-)

What is the best way to post pictures onto this forum?

In my post "Need quick help" under "Knife recommendations" for example, I tried to post a pic of a Honosuke HH stainless Nakiri that I got my sister-in-law as a gift, and kept getting error messages that the picture must be no larger than 400 x 400 pixels, which is pretty small. I do in fact see other members posts for which the picture seems much larger than that size. I finally found a way to resize to specific pixel measurements (Paint in MS Win) and posted the pic. However, the picture doesn't appear "in-line" and instead as a link with this text:

DSC01094copy.jpg [52.61 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Any tips and tricks to post better pictures in the best way so that they are "in-line"? I took a look at the FAQ and did a few keyword searches, but I seemed to have missed a topic that deals with this, although there must be one out there. Maybe a sticky post with the recommended process under the "Photos" section.

Thanks all....

Todd in Chicago

Post subject: Re: How to properly post "good" pictures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm 

I may have helped answer my own question. To get around the board limitations, are folks storing these images elsewhere (Flickr) etc, and embedding the URL in the post using the IMG function? I just stumbled across that idea and checked at least 1 large picture post in this forum and it looks like that is what was done.

Is that the best way? Still, any other tips/tricks?

Thanks...

Todd in Chicago

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:28 pm 

I upload my pictures to tinypic.com resize them, and it will give you a link to to post to the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:43 pm 
Forum Moderator

TODD <> I use photobucket as they automatically format their photos to the maximum forum size. Some use imageshack, but 99% of the time they format poorly and are the ones you see on the forum that are crazy large.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:22 pm 

Thanks Folks...

I think that is the ticket, look at the pics I posted in my "Need help quick" post on the "Knife Recommendations" topics. Uploaded them to Flickr, and then put the link in, so the quality remains high.

I'm pretty sure that's the ticket.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

P.S. This info would be great to had posted as "Sticky" in the "Photos" topic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:45 am 
Forum Moderator

Melampus wrote:TODD <> I use photobucket as they automatically format their photos to the maximum forum size. Some use imageshack, but 99% of the time they format poorly and are the ones you see on the forum that are crazy large.

+1

:)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 am 

I use photobucket as well and have for years. I never like it when they change it, but once I get used to how it works after the changes I like it again... until the next change. I guess you could say it's a lot like my relationship with Google. lol

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]