It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: shipment
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm 

USPS tracking said my expected delivery was December 4th and it didn't arrive. Also my last two orders were delivered on the expected date.I'm not one of those pushy people but I would just Like to know if this should concern me.

Post subject: Re: shipment
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:13 pm 

USPS tracking isn't always the best. Heck, I've seen "Expected delivery date" errors with pretty much every shipper I have ever used both for personal and business shipments. Chances are really good if it hasn't arrived today it will probably be there tomorrow. If it isn't, then it might be time to raise an inquiry and call the post office. Give it at least another day before you start worrying. Also, if it requires a signature they will not leave it unless you are there to sign for it. I don't know if Mark sends them requiring sigs (I made a request that mine not require one when I ordered), but if that was the case they should have left a slip saying as much.

I'm with you though... missed dates always make me antsy. lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm 

Thank you that was very helpful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:37 pm 

You are very welcome!

I work in IT (worked with and on computers and related stuff for about 20 years) and have had to order/ship many, many things over the years. Plus, I buy almost everything but groceries over the internet, so I am a tracking fool. lol ;)

In fact, this reminds me that according to tracking I should be getting a new pair of pants in today... hopefully! lol :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:40 pm 

no, it should not concern you, USPS tracking is a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 pm 

I'd only be concerned if it said delivered. Interestingly enough I also have a 2 day USPS delivery that is still showing delivery for today (unrelated to CKTG). Yesterday I did see the mail truck hit the neighbors house around 5pm (mail comes at noon) so I wouldn't rule it out completely.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:18 pm 

I had a package show up the day after the estimated delivery date just last week. No need to worry yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:59 pm 

Thanks for all the help guys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 am 
Forum Moderator

USPS tracking sucks. I've had packages get delivered almost a week late, other times it showed delivered 3 states away and then continued on it's way to the destination. I've seen them scanned at the PO I shipped them from, no tracking updates until it missed the delivery date, then it finally showed tracking info from when it arrived at the other PO, nothing in between (Jeff B's package). You also need to remember with Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc, the delivery companies got SWAMPED with packages and sometimes fall a day or two behind.

Post subject: shippinng
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 am 

The thing that weirds me out is that the tracking dosent update. The last thing that updated was on the 2nd

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next