It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 4 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Gyuto opions...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:35 pm 

Is it sad that now that I have decided to get a Goko I am already looking for a next knife afterwards? LOL

The Kohetsu AS knives are looking pretty sexy... >.<

To report back on my Yamashin santoku, after hitting the stone it went from "decent" to "OMG!" comparatively speaking. It doesn't fall through the food (not sure it can anyway as it is so light), but it is SO much better now with much less effort being needed. I'm pretty sure it is from having a much cleaner, sharper edge on it and not so much from the thinning yet. Hopefully one day it will get to a nice balance of blade thickness and edge and bring a tear to the eye when using. ;) lol

Page 4 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4