It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:18 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Lazy Sunday...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:38 pm 
Forum Moderator

Post subject: Re: Lazy Sunday...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:09 pm 

Presentation D+

Taste...probably an A

Is that all pork meat? Did you stuff those sausages? I can tell they aren't some store bought cheapo sausage.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:48 pm 

Damn, I wish I was that lazy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:36 am 
Forum Moderator

Umberto wrote:Presentation D+

Taste...probably an A

Is that all pork meat? Did you stuff those sausages? I can tell they aren't some store bought cheapo sausage.

Dude, for starters, for someone rating my pics I find it strange that you could not see that it is lamb cuts.

Secondly, your comments here and on other posts are bordering on negativity.

Strike one in my book against your name.

The next negative post from you will earn you a very long vacation from this forum - understood?

:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:51 am 

to me for the A in the taste that im sure is fact i think that the D you got was from the lunch tray look (does kind of look liek you plated one a lunch tray ) to be fair tho i dont see how you could get that much food on even 2 plates

for sure tho you can set me up with that any day al day
(i might be all wrong if said guy posted other times at you )

so again great looking food. wish i was there

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:46 pm 

Lighten up will you...I was being sarcastic...yes at least somebody else kind of felt the lunch tray look theme...

Second...the pics make the meat appear to look somewhat like pork shoulder with the bone. Closer inspection...okay it does look like lamb. So are you going to tell us what was stuffed and seasoned in the sausage? Or are you going to be sore about a little sarcasm...

I didn't mean to insult you. It's just that you made a relatively gourmet meal and referred to it as a "lazy sunday." If that is a lazy meal I'll be damned.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:00 pm 

The food's on a plate... that's enough presentation for me, and from the looks of the food even the plate is optional IMO... LOL

Unfortunately now that I have seen this thread, I'm starving. Fortunately, it is time to go get some lunch, even if it will be nowhere near the apparent quality of your "lazy" Sunday efforts. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm 
Forum Moderator

Umberto wrote:Lighten up will you...I was being sarcastic...yes at least somebody else kind of felt the lunch tray look theme...

Second...the pics make the meat appear to look somewhat like pork shoulder with the bone. Closer inspection...okay it does look like lamb. So are you going to tell us what was stuffed and seasoned in the sausage? Or are you going to be sore about a little sarcasm...

I didn't mean to insult you. It's just that you made a relatively gourmet meal and referred to it as a "lazy sunday." If that is a lazy meal I'll be damned.

Just for reference.....

I am just a lowly home cook, with absolutely no academic achievements, I cook for pleasure and good wholesome eating - South African style.

.......is there thus a softer judging system for us uneducated cooks......???

All is cool, no sweat!

:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 pm 

For a lowly home cook you seem to do a pretty good job. What sort of spices are commonly native to South Africa? I'm not exactly highly educated in cuisine either but I'm working a lowly kitchen position with a highly trained chef...he happens to use stamped steel knives...amazing skills for such dull knifes.

Keep posting more pics. Do you ever cook goat? They are so cute...but so delicious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 pm 

DefMunky wrote:The food's on a plate... that's enough presentation for me, and from the looks of the food even the plate is optional IMO... LOL

+1 :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next