It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Please Help My Countrymen - Donate!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 pm 

the destruction and amount of losses are immeasurable. I would like to ask all of you out of the kindness of your hearts to help out my people.

already got a bunch of folks helping out assembling necessities for folks down south of us.

=D

if you wanna read up on some news about what's going on in the country here's a couple links:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thinking-Class-of-the-Philippines/375179605892585?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

http://www.interaksyon.com/

sample aerial pic of the devastation

check out this video from a tourist and storm chaser that he uploaded live during the super typhoon in tacloban, philippines

http://stormvisuals.com/florida-weather/2013/11/10/video-storm-photographer-shares-experience-with-deadly-typho.html

if you guys wanna help out or whatever, get on over to the red cross philippines site and donate

Please Donate

http://www.redcross.org.ph/donate

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Post subject: Re: Please Help My Countrymen - Donate!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 pm 
Forum Moderator

Franz - Donation made. I was thinking about you last week (as I'm sure many of us were) as the impending storm was about to hit your country. How is your situation?

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm 

i'm fine steve, thank you for the concern. nothing happened to me or anyone i love. i do have a couple friends down in visayas where the damage has been dealt the most. i have not heard from them since the power is still out over there among other things. I am still waiting for their replies if they mange to get online sometime soon. I'll let you guys know if i reach them.

let's all pool together and help the people that got hurt and have lost their homes and loved ones.

=D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Franz,

We made a donation as well just now. Thanks for the link. That storm looked massive on the satellite.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:05 am 

it's ginormous mark, it's over a 1000 kilometers wide and much much stronger than hurricane katrina!

it's such a sad sad time. i'm just trying to get people to help.

thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:49 am 
Forum Moderator

FRANZ <> I'm relieved to hear that you & yours are well. I wish you the best of luck in contacting your friends...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:04 pm 

Franz, thank you for the donation link. I just heard on the news that our Canadian Forces Disaster relief team is en route, they specialize in their ability to make drinking water out of water that would otherwise be unsafe, among other things they do.

I can't imagine what you must be going through, be safe during the hard days to come.
Peter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:50 pm 

thank you sailor, lots of folks from all over the world have been coming to help out but there are still lots of islands here in my country that haven't recieved any help at all. most of the help is going to the major provinces and the smaller islands and smaller towns are being ignored. any help is welcome!

i'm not having any trouble on my side so there's nothing to worry about. i'm concentrating on helping out the ones in need.

=D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:06 pm 

Franz - Terrible disaster, but I'm glad you and your family are OK. Donation made and I hope there is a tremendous level of support worldwide.
Ron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:40 am 

thank you ron for the help!

=D

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next