It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Big thanks to Mr. Richmond...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 pm 

My knife was shipped very fast. It said it would ship ground on the website. I assumed it was going to be UPS which is a bit slower than USPS...A wrap around bubble envelope and tight tape job did the job. The US postal service is fast and efficient.

Wisconsin to California in a few business days, oh yeah!...

The Kohetsu knife is pretty to look at, I predict some battle scars will be applied if I use the knife on the line and prep area. It was pretty low pressure on the phone. I can imagine he gets burnt out on newbies asking the same questions over and over again. The forums do a good job of providing product information.

I do feel like I got a very high end knife for under 300$. The fit and finish of the Kohetsu is nice. The handle is tightly done. I see the wood as being a bit soft which is not really a flaw but a feature. It seems like I got a mass produced knife where metallurgy was of prime importance. It just doesn't feel like a cookie cutter product. I don't know of any cutlery shop in the bay area California that would sell a knife of comparable quality or steel at the price.

I think it's great that an American entrepreneur can subcontract a product line made with fine materials and even some American made products.

I went out on a whim and took Shaun Fernadez's advice. He suggested the Kohetsu over the Goko knife. I think it makes sense. The blade geometry of the Kohetsu has enough of a belly to rock, but works super as a push cutter.

Post subject: Re: Big thanks to Mr. Richmond...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:08 am 

Welcome to the satisfied customer's club!

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Umberto. :) Sue is the shipping wizard and she tries hard to get stuff out fast so I'll tell her you had a good experience. I'm also glad you like the Kohetsu. We're thrilled with the value that line brings. It's a lot of knife for the money.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:00 am 

The shipping is so fast that if you place an order and change your mind and call CKTG directly, you had better do it within 15 minutes or your order will be packed and out the door already. They are that fast...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]