It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: >> Japanese Cycles <<
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:20 am 
Forum Moderator

This being a general discussion subforum, I figured I'd throw a wildcard into the mix to break the monotony of knives w/a quick peak into my world.

Not only do I love the world of Japanese knives, I'm a sucker for their bikes, too. :twisted: I was on the streets @14, and my first mode of transportation was a motorcycle as it was all I could afford from bussing @Bennigan's. Once I saved enough for my first bike, I drove illegally for awhile on a YSR50. Silly small, but it got me to work. ;) That was my first sport bike of about 15 to date. Once I earned my license @16, I bought a VFR700. Then an F2, a F3, a F4, a F4i, a GSX-R750, a 929, a 748, a GSX-R600, GSXR-1000, a ZX6-RR, a R1, another ZX6-RR. I didn't buy my first cage until I was almost 19, and that was a pickup truck to haul my bikes to the track. I'd road race predominantly, I'd drag for shits & giggles, but my passion was/is the streets... street racing & stunting.

I have a few pictures on this laptop, and if the interest is there for more I can pull up all the bikes off my other hard drives.

Post subject: Re: >> Japanese Cycles <<
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:04 pm 
Forum Moderator

I-95 and palm tree's.....Florida? :)

Never owned a bike, always wanted to....kind of. At my age now, I want an adventure bike from BMW. Wife says no, though. :o

My cousin is a huge sport bike enthusiast. Owns that 1300cc BMW sport bike.

http://marrknives.com
http://facebook.com/marrknives

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:22 pm 

I had to give up motorcycles. Can't see out of my left eye anymore. Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:02 pm 
Forum Moderator

ADAM <> Yessur. I'm based out of South Florida.

PJ <> I empathize. In 2005, a 77 year-old lady was driving the wrong way down a one-way street, and when I came around a blind turn... there she was.. closing a very small gap very quickly. I had two choices... low-side or high-side.. I chose the latter, and did a 75' Superman. Among many other things, my brain hemorrhaged badly, and I lay dead... in a coma.. on a respirator for just over 5 days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:24 pm 
Forum Moderator

Oh man!!! Scarey!

You 100% 8 years later?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 pm 
Forum Moderator

110% 1 year later.

Believe it or not... people say I'm nicer now. Before, there is no way I could have worn a Moderator hat. I wouldn't be able to bite my lip about ill-conceived assumptions. Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:49 pm 
Forum Moderator

Haha!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 pm 

Good to hear you recovered well my friend. Riding is sure fun but those bad moments can sure be a bummer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 pm 
Forum Moderator

My oh my, dude, I love you more with each post. Been to South Beach once, certainly recognized the look of that area, Miami has an unmistakable look to it, city and all.

Grew up riding dirt bikes a bit, but nothing like what you play with, oh so jealous! The pictures of you skating standing up next to the bike, that makes me laugh so hard every time I see it! Do you have to wear skid plates for that? I mean that is hilarious, if I were driving next to you in a car I'd probably swerve off the road laughing. :D

Glad to hear you recovered from such a grave situation. Seeing you like that reminds me of someone very close that I lost, that's hard to look at and not get choked up. I think of some of the petty things I let bother me during life, and in the end, it's all nothing. You got family and good friends, and don't eff those things up. Happy you're still around to help us out.

Sounds like you ended up with the better side of a brain injury (if that's even possible), but for a fun read slightly off topic, check out a man named Phineas Gage. :mrgreen:

Wicked cool bikes, I'd love to fly through the gears on any one of those rockets.

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:06 am 
Forum Moderator

Glad to hear it turned out for the better - did you get a glimpse of heaven.....are there knives there.....????

One of the reasons I sold my bike & my son's bike - with the taxis in SA it is a sure death wish on a bike....

Mine:

My son's

:)

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next