It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:32 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Two Nice Cleavers for Sale
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:15 pm 

Need to make room for a new cleaver. PM me if you're interested in either or both of these:

MISONO NO. 61:

Like new, no chips, no scratches, sharpened on Edge Pro, used only a couple of times. Retails for $138 + tax & shipping, asking $125, USPS Priority Shipping included (U.S. only):

************************************************************************************************

CCK 1303 WITH CUSTOM LACEWOOD HANDLE:

Like new, no chips, no scratches (other than those that it came with when new -- CCKs are roughly made), sharpened on Edge Pro, used only a couple of times. Retails for $100 + tax & shipping; asking $90, USPS Priority Shipping included (U.S. only):

************************************************************************************************

~Voltaire

Post subject: Re: Two Nice Cleavers for Sale
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 am 

Why sell these if they are almost new? Is there something you do not like about them?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:09 am 

They look like great cleavers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:41 pm 

They are excellent knives.

Why sell? I'm experimenting with cleavers. I've always been a chef's/gyuto kinda guy, but recently I've been paying a bit more attention to a couple of old friends who extol the virtues of the cleaver, which they have always used for nearly every food-prep task. Haven't found the perfect fit for me just yet.

After using these knives a bit, I decided I want a flatter profile than the Misono offers, and I want to try the new Richmond Fanatic 2. I don't have room in my knife block for another cleaver, so the Misono has to go. Also, the Fanatic 2 is similar in design to the CCK but with better steel, so I decided to sell the CCK as it would be redundant but not as pretty -- and I need the cash to finance the more expensive Fanatic 2.

BTW, I have a third cleaver, a Dexter-Russell 8-Inch Chinese Cleaver, that I keep on hand for splitting chickens.

I don't claim to be normal...

~Voltaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 pm 
Forum Moderator

Well so much for the requirement of 50 posts to post a classified..........

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:20 pm 

Don't get snippy --I'm a frequent customer of Mark's and, per the posted policy, he OK'd it.

~Voltaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:25 pm 

knife fanatic, just a thought but so far (still a "new" forum) I dont think there will be an issue with the classifieds. Everyone on this forum currently is interested in knives and sharpening. In the future you can always change who can post in this section. There are only 11 members whom have 50 posts. for example (soley an example) but aarongibson only has 48 post, he couldn't post in the classifieds but in my opinion from the videos and comments he is a good member who should be able to post knives. I am not attacking you or the thought of the classifieds, this is just my 2 cents take it for what its worth.

Drew Hostetler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 pm 

Thanks i was just wondering what for because the Misono looked really cool. First i need a good chefs knife then ill move on to a good cleaver. I was also always interested considering how the Chinese love this and utilize it for everything. It seems real handy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm 

Hahaha this link just proves my point about it being a handy tool haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTFYE_FELk

just a funny video I found, just for laughs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 pm 

So apparently everyone on this forum is insane, some mores than others. That's comforting.

~Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next