It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: konosuke handle
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:17 pm 

Is the octogan shape Handel on the Konosuke HD2 comfortable because it looks like it could be a little weird to grip

Post subject: Re: konosuke handle
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 pm 

If you use a pinch grip where you pinch the blade in between your thumb and forefinger than no, I will grab mine by the handle and let you know.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:55 pm 

Feels good either way, gives you lots of points of contact if you don't use a pinch grip. The other thing is if it did feel weird you would get used to it because the knife performs so well. It would be kind of like if you didn't like the steering wheel in your Ferrari, I bet you would get over it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am 

Jwesly1 wrote:Feels good either way, gives you lots of points of contact if you don't use a pinch grip. The other thing is if it did feel weird you would get used to it because the knife performs so well. It would be kind of like if you didn't like the steering wheel in your Ferrari, I bet you would get over it.

I compared this knife (Kono Fujiyama) to a a Ferrari over the weekend. If you aren't paying attention to what you are doing you can hurt yourself or the car quickly and hopefully not too badly.

As to the OP's question, there isn't anything uncomfortable about this knife, including the handle. It's longer and larger in diameter than my other Wa handles, but if anything it provides more comfort and I have medium sized hands. I honestly don't notice the handle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm 
Forum Moderator

Many people really like the octagon shape for feel....whether you do or not is a personal matter. Chances are, though, you will.....but that's based purely on the knowledge most do.

http://marrknives.com
http://facebook.com/marrknives

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:46 pm 

Kono HD was my first wa handle. Getting used to it was a total non-issue for me. As Adam said, chances are that would be the same for a lot of other people.

And now I prefer wa handles.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:00 pm 
Forum Moderator

I've pretty much switched over to Wa handles completely. I used to prefer a Western handle, but now I like the Wa handles. Much easier for me to make, too! If it is uncomfortable to you, you can try to round out the corners a bit with some sandpaper, but the Kono handles that I have on knives are some of the few that I have not replaced! My White #2 300mm Suji and 270mm HD Ultimatum still have their stock Kono handles on them, almost every other Wa handled knife I have replaced the handles on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

Same here Tim. I'm a convert. Western knives feel clunky and heavy to me now.

Richmond Laser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 am 
Forum Moderator

"...Western knives feel clunky and heavy to me now"

Summoned up nicely!

:)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]