It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Boardsmith
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 am 

This is a general question and if I remember correctly someone on this forum or maybe the owner is even on this forum recommended his cutting boards. I did purchase a cutting board from him and had a question hopefully one of you may be able to answer. I submitted the purchase on I want to say June 6th, and the money was withdrawn on June 8. I have yet to receive any notification about the board. I am not concerned with not recieving the board or anything I am just wondering if anyone knows his procedure with shipping products?

thanks to anyone who enlightens me!

Drew Hostetler

Post subject: Re: The Boardsmith
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 pm 

Drew,

I wouldn't be overly concerned. David is a one-man operation, and it can get pretty hectic.

There is also this notice on his website: "Due to the large volume of orders, please allow up to three weeks for delivery."

His boards are worth the wait.

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:06 pm 

I wouldn't worry. David is the man. You could probably save some time and go pick it up. He's in High Point, only about an hour and fifteen minutes away from Charlotte.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

He often runs a little behind. He'll get it to you.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:07 pm 

Dave is a straight-shooter. Don't worry.

~Voltaire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Dave, if you happen to read this your welcome to post here.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:24 pm 

Mark has invited me to submit an reply so here goes.

I am a one-man operation and business is terrific. The problem is when it gets this good, I have a tough time meeting the demands and needs of those who order. Along with customers, I have a shop that always needs some attention. During the past two weeks, I have had some major equipment issues that have slowed me up tremendously and when a piece goes down or needs attention, everything else stops for those repairs. And I had a computer die, eight years old, and it took with it all the customer records from the past 7 years. I was lucky to get a computer company that could find the data and then transfer it to the new computer I purchased.

Shipping is a hassle for me. I hired a part-time fellow to help out with shipping but his attendance is hit or miss and on Friday he was a no-show even for his paycheck. Tomorrow he will be gone. The web site shopping cart does not give confirmations and I am working on getting a new site with a better shopping cart and one that will confirm the purchase and still be easy for me to work. I am a woodworker not a computer person and I find computers and all the related stuff with them a total mystery. If a confirmation wasn't received, even from PayPal, don't worry, I have the order and it is in line for completion. If anyone has a question about their order, please email or call me on the cell or shop numbers.

Also, I welcome visitors and if anyone is inclined to visit, I would be honored to give a tour of my shop. Just be prepared to get a little dusty. For those who want to come up to pick up their boards, that would be perfect. Just let me know that you want to pick it up in person and I will be happy to arrange a date and time.

Thanks again Mark. I hope this helps answer a few questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome Dave. Stop over anytime. Here's a link to Dave's site for anyone looking for a good board:

http://www.theboardsmith.com/

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:41 am 

It was worth the wait for my board. I am thinking about getting another.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:03 am 

I also placed an order the end of May and did not receive anything to confirm my order. I'm not worried at all...just waiting in line!

Chris D. :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next