It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Second Harvest Food Bank Knife
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

We've kind of adopted Second Harvest Food Bank as our go to charity. We had the opportunity to go and take a tour of their huge facility a couple weeks ago and it's just amazing how much food they distribute all over the state. They get huge quantities of donations from places like Walmart, Grocery stores and individuals doing food donation drives and then they serve as a warehouse distribution center and deliver it to places like homeless shelters, churches and they even have mobile donation trucks where they visit small towns and poor areas to give people easy access to them so they don't have to drive 30 minutes to a donation center. They're an amazing organization and we are proud to give them cash that they can use for operations.

Anyway, when we were talking to them they showed us some of their promotions and they use a cartoon character they made up called Kate for marketing their organization and get across the point that many of the people they serve are children. Kate is Orange and their promotions stress this color theme.

Take a look:

Chefknivestogo New Arrivals

Post subject: Re: Second Harvest Food Bank Knife
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Sooooo, the thought occurred to me that an orange handled Richmond Artifex would be a cool thing we could do to promote them in our little community where I donate the profits of the knife to Second Harvest and we do an orange themed Artifex with their logo on one side and mine on the other.

I placed an order for 75 of these and I'll re-work this page of the Orange Artifex to reflect the donation aspect of the knife so if you're interested in it please sign up on the item page and I'll email you when it's ready: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/riar210gyor.html

Chefknivestogo New Arrivals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:49 pm 
Forum Moderator

Very cool! I used to do work with Second Harvest down here in New Orleans years ago. Great organization, lots of hard working people. :)

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 am 

That's awesome to see you are supporting such a great cause. If only it was on a 240 I would have to pick one up instead of the Tojiro I'm looking at getting. I am sure these will sell quickly for such a great cause, unless they already have being the aren't in stock :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]