From UK and looking to invest in first decent set of knives. I have cut and pasted answers to common q's below and would value your ideas and suggestions. My main motivation is a new kitchen and realisation that I like to cook!
1. Are you right handed? YES
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..) GLOBAL/WELCH?
3. What size knife are you looking for? ASSORTED OR A SET
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? PLEASE ADVISE!
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? ERM....
6. How much did you want to spend? £100-£200
7. Do you know how to sharpen? NOT YET BUT WANT TO LEARN
Many Thanks for looking at this and I hope to learn from whatever advice you can give.