It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Thinning the herd...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:36 am 

Looking to find new homes for a couple blades that are collecting dust plus one fixer-upper. Prices include shipping within the continental US. Perfectly willing to ship internationally but need to find out about specific shipping costs. Leaving the edges "as is" but willing to sharpen them up before shipping if so requested. Original boxes and sayas (where applicable) included. Saya pins are missing because line cooks are terrible at not losing them...

Sorry for the crappy pictures :roll:

Suisin Inox Honyaki 210mm Petty - $125

This was my line knife for every service at my last restaurant, but at my current gig, believe it or not, it's too thin and short for what I'm doing. Aside from normal wear, there aren't any defects to be found, still in great condition.

Yoshihiro White #2 195mm Deba - $100

After I got my mioroshi, this beast of a knife rarely gets any use. Great for any fish, large or small. Also handles chicken and duck bones with ease. Micro-beveled along the full length of the edge.

FIXER - Moritaka Supreme Series 240mm Suji - $60

This knife was in the possession of a (novice) friend for the last 6mos. When I had it, I turned the entire exposed, non-KU area into one huge edge instead of trying to recreate the tiny convex edge it came with. It was super thin and glided through red meat. When I started a new job, I lent this to a friend who I later found out had zero experience sharpening large bevels. So as is, the blade roads are a little uneven and the core steel is more exposed on one side than the other (though I'm not sure if this is just the knife or from neglect). I took it to my 1K Ume black brick to highlight this, and you can make it out in the pictures. There are also certain areas where he rolled over the shinogi line with what looks like a low grit stone. Anyways, this is still a great blade, it just requires more work than I have time to put into it to get it back into fighting shape.

If you have any other questions or would like me to take additional pictures, shoot me a PM. Thanks for stopping by!

Post subject: Re: Thinning the herd...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:41 am 

i need a suji bad and this looks like too good of a deal to pass up

you can email me at f0o55@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 am 

As requested, high(er) res photos of the Moritaka project knife.

http://imgur.com/a/2qq52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 am 

Update: Moritaka suji is sold.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:17 pm 

pm sent Suisin 210 petty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:53 am 

Thanks for peeking in everyone, all the knives are sold.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]