It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:35 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Happy Camper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:20 pm 

Spoke with Mark..everything is good to go.

Last edited by noneck180 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Not a Happy Camper..
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I spoke with Joey and we figured it out.

These stones are thinner than the shapton glass stones and they are bonded to aluminum plates. Joey was soaking them in warm water which we both think may have contributed to the stones coming unglued
and cracking. Quick temperature changes are 1 cause of cracking stones and the other common reason is pressure which didn't seem to be the issue in this instance.

So, I offered a deep discount on some replacement stones and suggest he try the shapton glass stones since they're thicker and splash and go. They never crack so I think this will solve the issue.

Thanks again Joey for contacting me. I can't help unless I know about this kind of stuff. :)

Richmond Laser

Post subject: Re: Happy Camper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:30 pm 

noneck180 wrote:Spoke with Mark..everything is good to go.
To the one poster..I am not a troll.
Ken I don't abuse my stones. I wash them, flatten after each use and let them air dry and store in a Tupperware container. I also don't use excessive pressure when sharpening. I really don't want to purposely wreck $250 of stones..Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:54 am 
Forum Moderator

chefknivestogo wrote:Hi Joey,

I tried calling you but got your machine. I'll help you out. Just call me and I'll get things straightened out. I'll also post the details once I talk to you about your order and you use habits. Hopefully we can fix it and get your edge pro working for you.

Seriously......can anyone beat this service.....?

I doubt it.

Kudus to you Mark!

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:15 pm 

Agreeing whole heartedly with MadRookie. Again, in awe of Mr. Richmond's customer service. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 pm 
Forum Moderator

Hooha!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:17 am 

Coincidently, I've had two Chosera EP stones crack in the last week or so - CKTG has replaced the first (10K) and I'm anticipating they'll replace the 5K that just cracked this evening. Not sure why this is happening but apparently it's not an isolated event.

I need to add that I've just started using some Nubatama Bamboo EP stones, specifically the 150, 400, 1K gold, 2K UME, 5K and 10K. And so far I'm VERY happy with them. Suggest all EP users take a look at these as an alternative - I've posted separate reviews where appropriate on the CKTG website.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:57 pm 

I also had issues with couple of the chosera stones developing a hair line crack over the winter. Mark as expected went out of his way to make it right. I replaced the Chosera with a couple of the Shapton Glass stones and have had zero issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:28 am 

Hey Mark, kudos to you buddy for taking care of your customers! This is why we are so loyal!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:54 pm 

Update...

I was going to scrap the EP and go to hand stones. Then I used it again and got excellent results once again.
So, now I am going to give the EP another go. I am really looking at the Shapton Glass.
Can anyone tell me which ones I should get? or if you think there are better stones for the E.P.
I usually re-profile by hand " very low angle" on a DMT XC then go to the C side.
From there I progress going steeper in angles on the EP till I get the angle I like, usually around 13.5 degrees. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Joe

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next