It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: My remedy touched up
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:40 pm 
Forum Moderator

My remedy one of my personal favorites, did one for a guy a couple days ago and realized how great It was I pulled it out of the vault and put mine back into service. You realize you have a lot of knifes when you go to the "vault" and dust of the knifes. Finished on a 10k nubatama.

Post subject: Re: My remedy touched up
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:42 pm 
Forum Moderator

Another shot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 pm 
Forum Moderator

Last one.

It's like a diesese that new gets cured, lets not talk about stones! It never stops. O well, if you going to be a bear be a grizzly!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:16 pm 
Forum Moderator

Looking good, however I would have thought that a 10k Nubatama finish would have been somewhat more "mirror" like....???

Or is it just the camera shot & angle?

:)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:25 pm 
Forum Moderator

My phone camera sucks big time and I need more light in the house especially natural but if I held it down the edge was so shiny it didn't blend rite with the rest of the knife. I have asked for a new camera for my birthday coming up. I wish I could have got a better shot. I showed the stone in that shot maybe next time I will hold it on the black surface. My kitchen just had no natural light and the flash blinds you on this dam thing. Sorry my friend I tried but I can't get them all. I truly am sorry it doesn't show like it should. I might try some more later. I thought it showed some of the shine but I am driving a Yugo when I need a Porsche to take a better shot. Sorry bro, jmbullman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:30 pm 
Forum Moderator

If you blow up the first one, I am using a phone so I am talking finger blow up, on the first about 3-4 inches from the tip you can actually see a little bit of the phone. Anyway else I moved the knife the glare was so bad it blinded the pic. Best I can do with what I got! Peace bro. Jmbullman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:58 pm 
Forum Moderator

I think it's mostly lighting, but remember that the Nubatamas can be used to work quite nicely with natural stones too, so the goal isn't necessarily a contrast free finish like you see with GlassStones :) It would be an interesting comparison to do critically, although edge performance is what is usually most important. I actually purposely use the GS stones to reduce contrast if judiciously applied.

---
Ken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:59 am 
Forum Moderator

Thx for the info guys - appreciated.

Yeah, I have experienced similar that the lighting/angle does not always do the edge justice.

.....I have for some time been been toying with the idea of a "lightbox" to overcome this......

:)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]