It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nubatam10k
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:36 pm 
Forum Moderator

If you ain't got one than you don't know what your missing. Best finishing stone I have ever used and a great jumper for razors if you need it. Thanks ken, this is a winner.

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r70 ... 35d51c.mp4

Or go to you tube under jmbullman 2 and see them all and it will be quicker

Post subject: Re: Nubatam10k
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:17 pm 
Forum Moderator

Nice, however it appears that your stone edges are slightly raised & needs rounding, or you are working too much pressure on the edges - that is judging by the loading evident on the edges....?

But yeah, it surely looks decently sharp.

:)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:52 am 
Forum Moderator

I had sharpened that knife already and 3 more after that and yes I should have hit the edges of the stone but I was lacking on time and just did a quick runover to show that it was started and finished on that ago. I wasn't doing a full demo or I would have showed my dmt flattening the stone it was just for show like I said limited video time and had to take what I could get. And I usually use very lite pressure because I make small jumps. That was for show. I didn't expect the stone or my style to be judged. Like I said it was just for show. Most take to count the years I have been doing this that i am no virgin to the skills or stone set up. It was just a quick show that I used that stone that's all. No hard feelings just wasn't expected to be judged for a quicky video. I don't judge or comment till I know the story behind it. Like I said no big deal but send me a pm first and ask would be nice next time. I have to use my wife's time while she was working and she only had a minute while a customers hair processed from a color and the ringer had already went off. Peace and prosperity to you sir. Like I said no big deal on my end. Jmbullman

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm 
Forum Moderator

Whoa dude!!

Nobody is judging anybody - as a sharpener myself, I just made an observation and stated it.....no offense or malice intended - so chill brother.

Have you ever thought that my observation could aid beginners and your explanation could serve them well too....????

Apologies if that comes across as judging....

Rookie.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm 
Forum Moderator

No prob I just wanted u to understand my side. And you are correct I should have refilled the sides but I had exactly 3 mins to make that video and it was a thick knife similar to the first addicts so paper thin cuts were not possible, and you are rite people learn from us all I was saying was know the while story. We still bros rite?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:55 pm 
Forum Moderator

Sure my man - no problemo - all cool!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:22 am 
Forum Moderator

Yea the stone starts out wet and with some swarf on it so it's clear that it was a touchup of a touchup :)

In any case, as one of my customer said, 'tomatoes don't lie' and it looks like a very good edge to me.

The 10k is a very popular stone in the series and James helps explain why. Thanks to you and the 'camera crew' for the effort of making this video.

I like happy endings like this, so kiss and make up LOL. You guys! :) Yikes, I can't get this picture out of my head. No pics please ...

BTW this stone is now available for the EP users so EP users won't feel left out:

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/nubaforedpro13.html

I'm looking forward to getting reviews of this interesting stone on the EP. I find EP users 'get' a stone's capabilities and really add to the pool of information about a stone's characteristics.

---
Ken

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am 
Forum Moderator

Perfect ken and thanks for such fine nubatama products, you might give the company starting with an s some worry in the future. Peace. Jmbullman

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]