It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: HUGE thank you to John at Lone Star Artisans
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 am 

My old Boo's block began to warp badly after 4 years of service back in November so I put an order in with "another board maker" on December 1st to replace it. A 3 week turnaround turned into two months turned into more weeks..... I cancelled my order and emailed John, who happened to be down with the Flu on the 6th. His wife was extremely helpful, responding to my initial email within minutes. John got back to me within a few days letting me know that I'd be taken care of. Long story short, John got my BEAUTIFUL Mary's Board to my doorstep in less than two weeks time, despite recovering from the flu. He came through with his promise to me, and his quality of workmanship.

John, I'm sorry I can't do this board it's justice and post photos from my cell phone, but I wanted to extend a warm thank you for the fantastic service your family has provided me, I could not be happier with this board.

The board was shipped with full tracking and instance, packaged extremely well with bubble wrap, brown paper wrap (along with detailed board care instructions), and packaging paper/padding.

To those of you reading this, John will soon be offering his butcher block oil for sale on his website so stay tuned for that ( http://www.lonestarartisans.com/media/cutting-boards/ ). John allowed me to sample his oil and I slathered another layer on the board, along with my Konosuke Sayas when it came in. It soaked up like a sponge and I plan on one more coat tomorrow.

Thanks again, John and Jennie!

Post subject: Re: HUGE thank you to John at Lone Star Artisans
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 pm 
Forum Moderator

Awesome! That's the opposite of my LoneStar Artisan's board; mind is black walnut in the core and Maple around it with a juice groove. Love that board!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 am 

Wow, thanks so much guys!! Really appreciate the kind words!

John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet board. Damn nice.

Richmond Laser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 pm 

Hey, I am late to the party on this one, but John, the cherry board you made for me last year "The Chester" is holding up exceptionally well. Still looks brand new after lots of use. I need to email you soon b/c I am almost ready to upgrade to a larger version, so tell me when you think you may be ready.

Folks: Need a good board, check LSA out. Awsome craftsmanship!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:01 pm 

Thanks for the review! Now I know where to get a good cutting board

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 pm 

You guys just made my day! I'll be honest, I've been working my tail off in the last two years since I started this business full-time. And it has been unbelievably difficult. I'm really proud of the products we make (cutting boards, knife racks, custom furniture), but it takes time and lots of good fortune for a small company to get its name out there and grow. My wife did our taxes last month and said, "Wow, honey, what huge progress we're making!" When I asked her for specifics, she kind of mumbled so as not to make me freak out.

So even though we're definitely not in the black as a business yet, comments like yours sure make me feel better about the 'all-in' move we made starting LoneStar Artisans. So thank you for that.

Chester, I'm ready for ya! (And since you've got an end-grain cherry board of mine, give it a quick star rating on Mark's site).

Best,
John

PS this might not interest the chefs among you, but we are just now uploading some natural-edged, serving trays in figured woods to the website. They are really cool. Not the kind of thing for daily chopping, but awesome for presentation.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:05 pm 

I'll chime in another big thanks to John. He gift wrapped my board and sent it out as a present. Shipped on the day requested and arrived on time. Was very helpful with my emails and last minute changes. Great service and of course the board was amazing.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]