It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Laser Aogami in Kanji
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:22 am 
Forum Moderator

ORGANIK <> http://www.chefknivestogo.com/rilaaosu.html

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 am 
Forum Moderator

I guess I will need to get a second one with the Kanji! LOL.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:44 pm 

I think incorporating Kanji into the Laser somehow, and I like the ideas presented hear, particular the RK positioned like HD in Konosuke HD, would sway some of us vain, cool factor type buyers. I know it is absurd but I just like the way it looks on knives, and for many of us who don't have a huge collection I think incorporating it into the logo, especially on the Japanese made Richmond knives, would really make them more attractive.

I understand what some are saying about branding, and how in this market the western style itself makes it unique, but I think Kanji on the blades is a strong factor for some of us just in how they look on our magnets. I hope I'm not condemning myself in saying so, but it would make me more likely to buy.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:51 pm 

Jeff B's idea is sweet too, by the way.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:56 pm 
Forum Moderator

LUCA <> You are not condemning yourself... you are the client in which Mark need hear an opinion.

Thing that got lost somewhere is the whole point is cost-cutting. The Kanji is engraved in Japan during production; the Richomnd Laser Logo is a second step (cost) that is done in the USA. I am NOT speaking for Mark, but I reckon, the point is to get it all done at once to expedite the process of getting product to market and liberate the bottom line.

Logo on one side, and Kanji on another... yah, great, but expensive & time consuming. That is why I originally recommended the Western stamp below the Kanji such as the Tadatsuna INOX or Konosuke HD.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:37 pm 

Melampus wrote:LUCA <>......Logo on one side, and Kanji on another... yah, great, but expensive & time consuming. That is why I originally recommended the Western stamp below the Kanji such as the Tadatsuna INOX or Konosuke HD.

I was basically suggesting a western stamp also like Tadatsuna INOX or Konosuke HD just using Richmond instead of RK. The lettering could be much smaller, the picture just being an illustration. When the kanji is done I don't see why they couldn't do Richmond underneath at the same time, but I'm not a knife maker either. Being a J-knife designed by an American, I think having both stamps would be an excellent representation of both maker and designer.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:15 pm 

Ehh, mostly just me, but I prefer the plain Richmond.

Kanji does not do it for me.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 pm 

If it can be done by the maker, how can you not like it?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:47 pm 
Forum Moderator

JEFF <> I was referencing MOWG's suggestion in the original thread... not yours.

http://www.chefknivestogoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2625

MowgFace wrote: "I think makers Kanji on one side. Richmond Logo on the other. Gives love to the maker while still having the Richmond name."

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 pm 

Melampus --> I know that wasn't really directed at me but I just wasn't sure if people understood that I was thinking something different with my example. I wasn't real clear with it at first. Didn't want Mark or others to think I was suggesting some kind of etching like his logo that would have to be added here in the States. I hope he can work out adding the kanji, still keep a moniker of some kind and be able to keep his cost down. Being a Japanese knife I think the kanji gives an authentic feel and would be real popular.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2