It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:05 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 5 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New improvements to CKTG
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:03 pm 

If it hasn't been mentioned before, it really would be nice to have something along the lines of "db" for 50-50 bevel or "sb" to indicate whether each knife is a double or single bevel. If I definitely want a double bevel, it's pretty hard to figure it out sometimes.

It seems the "db", or "sb" could possibly be included in maybe the item number or somewhere similar. Or simply add an "s" or "b" somewhere.

It may be too time consuming to go any further, such as "DB-50/50", "DB-70-30", etc. But it would be nice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

We put this off long enough and we're going to be doing a major re-design of our site with a company called Eystudio

http://www.eystudios.com/

I've known Eric Yonge for a few years and met him personally at a Yahoo Conference back about 5 years ago. He gave an excellent short presentation on marketing and I actually took his advice to heart and implemented his strategy. I think he does great work and I'll have him check out this thread so he can read what you guys want to see in the site. As we get mock ups I'll keep you guys updated so you can see the process unfold.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:49 pm 

Definitely agree about photos will be looking for a gyuto next year and dismissed some knives until I saw Steve do short video, s on them completely changed my mind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:31 am 

aussiejim wrote:Definitely agree about photos will be looking for a gyuto next year and dismissed some knives until I saw Steve do short video, s on them completely changed my mind

For sure keep the short look, review, and customer vids with the knives on the new site. They really help when making a decision and I don't think I have really seen it done like that anywhere else except for somewhere like Amazon where customers can submit review vids.

I also like the pic enlargement when you click on the knife pic as well. Maybe add a couple of other angles as well, like left side, right side, and "looking down the barrel" from behind the heel to show the grind profile.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:22 am 
Forum Moderator

DEFMUNKY wrote:"Maybe add a couple of other angles as well, like left side, right side, and "looking down the barrel" from behind the heel to show the grind profile."

I agree with MUNKY, wholeheartedly which is in fact why I include exactly that when I talk about a knife on the forum. I understand the potential time it takes to do something like this is immense, but well worth it & I already have quite a few for you. I do everything with my iPhone, but I have access to some 4k cameras as well for stupid resolution.

E.G. (iPhone pics):

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:59 pm 

Mel, I wrote the part you quoted... :P lol

Regardless, I think a lot of us are in agreement. :) And yeah, your pics of the Murata Buho Gyuto are exactly what I was talking about. You have a left side, a right side, a handle close-up, and the choil shot.They don't have to be that large on the page, just have the images available and enlarge when they are clicked similar to Amazon or Newegg. I think this would help a LOT especially if it is a knife that has no vids yet.

To do the existing knives would be quite an undertaking (massive I would imagine! lol) but once existing stock is done it shouldn't be too hard to do when new knives arrive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:37 am 

Couldn't agree more with the notion of multiple pics. Also, a notation like some other dealers use:

"Knife pictured is the one you'll receive."

OR

"We have several of these and the one pictured is typical of what you'll receive."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:24 am 
Forum Moderator

Choil shots are very helpful and often make the buy/don't buy decision for me. A good straight on profile shot is also good since angled shots can make the knife look a bit different profile wise.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:57 am 

I would like to think this is from the perspective of a newbie to your knife world. I have spent hours on the site. My suggestions

1. Same pictures with multiple views like the sample someone provided on this thread
2. Uniform (same order) on all knife details pages. (bevel, material, size, weight, etc)
3. Sorting on product pages. So if I go to petty, then go to petty 150-165 I can use a drop-down box to sort by price. (the cheapest first the most expensive last). This helps tremendously when you have a specific budget.
4. Top sellers. I personally think you need 2 sets of top sellers. The top sellers of the website. AND best seller in each catogory. So for example I am researching petty 150 to 165 right now. So I go to petty, then petty 150-165. On this page I want to know Marks best/top selling 150-165 petty.
5. Wish list like amazon
6. Improved search. Maybe a detailed search page with drop down boxes or check boxes. You could pick Gyuto, 210, stainless, $150 to $200 all with check boxes.
7. More quick video reviews
8. One page under the resources section that explains the metals/material of the knives and some pros and cons of each
9. FAQ page in resources.
10. Encourage your customers to do more reviews. Many knives have no reviews. It makes me think that knife does not sell well or it is an inferior product. (send e-mail to customer asking them to do a review 6 weeks after purchase)

El

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:47 am 

As I said in the 2000 members thread, a chat room is awesome for people to shoot the shit and members to drop in with a quick question.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else besides better navigation of the site

Page 5 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next