It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shun Blue Steel Honesuki
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:05 pm 

Mr Knife Fanatic,

How do you like the Shun Honesuki?

Post subject: Re: Shun Blue Steel Honesuki
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:53 am 
Forum Moderator

Fine by me! It's the only Honesuki I've tried to date, but it did well for me. The steel seems like it was tempered well, Fit and Finish is good as always.

The only con I can think of is that it might be considered a little small, so that might be something to take into consideration if you work a pro kitchen.

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 pm 
Forum Moderator

NOVA <> http://www.chefknivestogoforum.com/shun-blue-steel-honesuki-review-t2511.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm 

Well I won't be working in a professional kitchen yet because I'm only 14, but I'm going to have an internship at a restaurant called Loteria in Westlake.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:18 am 
Forum Moderator

NOVA <> Have fun.

I'll pray for you that you hate it, and it will be set clear in your mind THAT YOU NEVER WANT TO WORK IN FOOD SERVICE. I'm 23 years deep, and would only recommend it to an enemy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:23 am 

Melampus...

I hope there is a bit of sarcasm in your response... Some people really fit in quite well in the kitchen...

As for the Shun Blue... It is much smaller that a traditional honesuki and it ground with a 50/50 edge which is good for righties and lefties... As for a honesuki over a traditional boning knife... This one I find is completely up to preference... I like the honesuki because I like to be different and I like the pointy edge compared to the traditionally curved boning knife... In the end.. you got to make your own preferences..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:51 am 
Forum Moderator

Not even a shred.

I mean to each their own, but I would never tell someone I care about to enter a field that offers menial pay, predominately poor working environments, no weekends off, no nights off, no holidays off, 15 hour shifts, and I could go on adnausiem but I won't waste the time. Kids watch that damn TV thing, and think its a glamorous life as a Chef... :lol:

Don't misunderstand... I am a Chef. I started as a busboy 23 years ago, and I have ascended the ladder to Executive Chef amid said time. I have made an extremely successful life for myself, I am extremely good at what I do, I have worked across the world, but the undeniable inarguable truth is... this business sucks.

I acknowledge you are a young man in culinary school. Although you may not heed my wisdom, it behooves you to hear it. I can really get passionate about this conversation, as I have here before, but I already feel the anger flooding my capillaries with blood boiling... my face is burning red.. so I will stop.

;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:14 pm 

My cousin has been a chef for 20yrs and as he says it is definitely a love/hate relationship.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]