It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 4 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New improvements to CKTG
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:40 pm 

For all knives' descriptions, it would be informative to include the grind and angle, e. g. 70/30 & 20 deg.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:52 pm 

Fixing the checkout functionality isn't really an improvement it's fixing basic functionality that is currently broken. Same with load speed/times, basic functionality that needs to be fixed. The other items are icing on the cake but right now the cake is in pretty sorry shape in certain basic functionality areas.

How about a timeline for when the fixes will be made? Should be yesterday as I'm sure you know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:18 pm 

Not sure if this was said already but consistency would fix a bunch of the issues that have been stated here. Having a set way of entering that knife information and then doing that for every knife, ie, Size, Type, Steel you could go Stainless, Carbon, or the actual name of the steel, or I guess both. I know it would be a pain but I think it would address some of the common issues here, then you could build your search around those choices. Just a humble opinion, and no disrespect intended, but the design of the website itself is really dated. I know most people on here probably don't care, but there are other websites that have much sleeker/cleaner design. No need to follow exactly what they have done but it would be good to get ahead of the game and update the general look now. I know that when I first found your website it was kind of hard to take seriously because it looked so dated.

Just some constructive criticisms, I appreciate that you are actively seeking out feedback, it is the best way to make progress.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 pm 

I suck at knife recommendations, but I can provide some feedback on user experience... I like your site a lot, but it would be great if you added some basic filtering to your product pages. For example on this page http://www.chefknivestogo.com/gyutos240mm.html : As a shopper I would like to filter by price so that I can easily select a knife in my price range. I also want to have the option to hide out of stock items so that I do not start researching an item that is unavailable.

I would like to see more integration between your forums and your website. For example, how do I navigate from your forums to your retail site? There is not a single link that I could find (But, you do provide a link to ereplacementparts.com). Likewise, your forums are hidden under the "Resources" option on your retail site. I imagine a lot of your shoppers do not even realize the forum exists.

It would be really cool if along with reviews you display relevant forum threads so that users do not have to navigate to your forum; do a search; shift through random search results. For example, if someone comes to your site looking to buy a Masamoto knife it would be nice if a link to the thread about Masamoto knives was included on the Masamoto products page. There are a lot of ways to do this, but I imagine you could add some functionality to allow admins to manually tag selected threads and have tagged items show up on the corresponding product page.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:08 pm 

Currently, it is hard to keep track of what's in stock.m there is no indication which item is in stock in the category pages, where the products are displayed by thir pictures and name. One have go and check individual product page to find out if they're in stock.

In addition, there are many custom one off products that do not look like they'll be restocked. Maybe they can split into their own area so the number of choices isn't so bewildering.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

mckemaus wrote:Currently, it is hard to keep track of what's in stock.m there is no indication which item is in stock in the category pages, where the products are displayed by thir pictures and name. One have go and check individual product page to find out if they're in stock.

In addition, there are many custom one off products that do not look like they'll be restocked. Maybe they can split into their own area so the number of choices isn't so bewildering.

We put a good feature that addresses this. Now out of stock items all show on the section pages so you don't have to click on the item to see this information. This will help shoppers save time, especially when using a phone to shop.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

Yesterday we put the bread crumbs at the top so you can more easily access it and go back from where you entered.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

Yesterday optimized the header to improve load time on all the pages. More work is going on with this.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

slypig5000 wrote:Not sure if this was said already but consistency would fix a bunch of the issues that have been stated here. Having a set way of entering that knife information and then doing that for every knife, ie, Size, Type, Steel you could go Stainless, Carbon, or the actual name of the steel, or I guess both. I know it would be a pain but I think it would address some of the common issues here, then you could build your search around those choices. Just a humble opinion, and no disrespect intended, but the design of the website itself is really dated. I know most people on here probably don't care, but there are other websites that have much sleeker/cleaner design. No need to follow exactly what they have done but it would be good to get ahead of the game and update the general look now. I know that when I first found your website it was kind of hard to take seriously because it looked so dated.

Just some constructive criticisms, I appreciate that you are actively seeking out feedback, it is the best way to make progress.

I'm going to work on this suggestion next month and put the steel type in the section page headings for each line. I don't think I want to take the time to put it in every item description.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:27 pm 

Just checked out the new improvements. Nice!!! :)

Page 4 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next