I'm sure you guys must be starting to get sick of all the gyuto recommendations that you get asked
But i'll try to make mine quick.
1. Are you right handed? Yes
2. What type of knife are you interested in gyuto
3. What size knife are you looking for? 210mm
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? No preference - kind of?
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? Japanese - want to try something new. But i'm still open to yo-s.
6. How much did you want to spend? Not more than $200
7. Do you know how to sharpen? Yes.
I'm a home cook - quite enthusiastic about it. I live in a house of 6 and I do all the cooking. I'm very drawn into kurouchi finishes - especially the grey ones like the goko. Obviously, the kurouchi finish is a want - not a need
I'll be happy with damascus too...
I will be using it for a lot of fruit/veggies + meat - basically everything, so I don't know if White steel will be good for the amount of corrosion. On the other hand, the lasers (aeb-l or AS) are appealing to me like there's no tomorrow. Do you guys know of a compromise that won't go over my budget? Or you could always help/convince me to pick one from the list of 3 knives that i posted.
one thing, I'd prefer a thicker spine, maybe 2.5mm+?