It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New improvements to CKTG
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:06 am 

Having all the knives in the categories. For a newb, there were a few knives that people listed that were under the "Brand" section, but not listed under the "Knife Type" section. When looking for a type of knife, that link is a great feature, but only if all the knives are there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:30 pm 

Imagine a site where the Basic knife profile is displayed as a click-able icon. Under each category the available knives are listed first, followed by the knives that are expected to be in stock soon, with an option to place a pre-order. After that comes the knives that no one is making any more. This gives people history, and the the view count can also help you establish lines that need to come back into production

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:08 pm 

Having ETA's on out of stock items would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:27 pm 

I'd like to be able to backorer or "pre-order" stuff that isn't in stock at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 pm 

This is an excellent idea to gather suggestions . . . its the best goal for all of us . . . . to prevent the END OF THE WORLD as we know it . . . if the CKTG site or Forum goes down or dark for even a short time . . .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 am 

I don't hear these as complaints but as items that customers feel are important to their satisfaction. I think it is great that Mark is publicly asking for suggestions and/or areas the site can improve on..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:37 pm 

I'd find it helpful if all the knives were photographed in the same way, and not just at oblique angles. This would be great for comparing profiles, etc. I understand that this isn't something easily done all at once, but could be done easily as new product rotates in.

Heck, if I were closer, I'd help you set up a permanent photo booth so you could very easily make consistent product shots.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:09 pm 

mkmk wrote:I'd find it helpful if all the knives were photographed in the same way, and not just at oblique angles. This would be great for comparing profiles, etc. I understand that this isn't something easily done all at once, but could be done easily as new product rotates in.

+1

Something like...
Left face
Right face
Spine
Choil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:52 am 

I'd like to be able to backorer or "pre-order" stuff that isn't in stock at the moment. - +1

I'd find it helpful if all the knives were photographed in the same way, and not just at oblique angles. This would be great for comparing profiles, etc. I understand that this isn't something easily done all at once, but could be done easily as new product rotates in. - +1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 am 

Inventory available +1

pre-order for new items +1

The ability to sort within categories by price, steel, handle, etc. would be useful.
I can't think of a single Japanese knife site I have visited recently that utilizes a "sort by" feature...

Page 2 of 7 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next