It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 12 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: What was your worst job?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm 
Forum Moderator

Computer/Printer tech support. F**k me sideways, never again. :mrgreen:

I'm not in the drawing, BTW, of course.

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 pm 

Washing dishes at a big hotel. 2 women cleaned the plates and put them in the dishwasher, I took the burning hot plates out and stacked them. If people did not eat all the food on their plate, these women would sometimes eat the uneaten food e.g. chicken leg. They would sometimes come over to talk to me, with some smeared food still on their lips/face...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 pm 

When I took up the job as chef at a place where one of the owners was a food hoarder...and a jerk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm 
Forum Moderator

Not in the drawing, but I had a horrible job when I was in High School. I worked in a place that did Stained Glass windows, figurines, sun catchers, etc. They branched into sandblasting glass pieces and cutting out up to 3/4" thick glass outlines and sandblasting a design on the pieces. We had a water jet cutting machine. The machine would easily fit a 4x8 sheet of glass or steel and used a small ruby head that shot water and abrasive sand thru the head at high pressure to cut the material. Of course the drain mechanism got messed up, so each year I had to drain the tank, remove the metal slats, get into hip boots, and shovel the muck out. Heavy, fine wet sand that was almost like clay. Took a few days to shovel out each year. I had the dumpster so full that the dump truck couldn't pick it up...LOL. Had to shovel half of the mud out and then back in when they dumped it. That part of the job sucked!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:03 pm 

I did work at a certain fast food sandwich chain, which was pretty bad in itself. But while I was working there in my teens, they would occasionally have me dress up as a Giant Sub and participate in parades and certain sporting events.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 pm 

I worked for a crazy old lady that ran a dog kennel. She had about a hundred dog runs and paid me $6.00 an hour to mow the property. Little did I know that she expected me to crawl around on my hands and knees w/ scissors and cut the little peices of grass that were between the chain link fence that the weed wacker could not get!!! I would gladly remove a testicle w/ a Chicago Cutlery knife than ever even look at that withered old hag again!!!! FML....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:30 pm 

A husband.
Twice.

Always had to listen to conversations about something.
Blamed for everything.
Paid nothing.
Had to pay for everything!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:32 pm 

Title loan office attendant. I would receive and give outrageously high interest ,short term loans, in exchange for car titles.
I felt like a jerk for taking the little bit of money some people could scrounge up, just so their car didn't get repossessed.
2nd worst job is a Credit card company account executive.. Now I cook for a living ;) Yay !!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:32 pm 

Stocking shelves at vons in the middle of the night! I was makin minimum wage plus i had to fork over union dues every month.. the worst!

~gabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:37 pm 

Test development engineer. It wasn't a bad job, just the worst that I've had.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Page 3 of 12 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next