It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 12 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: What was your worst job?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:27 pm 

Selling Cell phones in a mall Kiosk. I quit after a week and a half. I never even got a pay check.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 pm 

Busting dish. There's a reason why it's an important job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 pm 

Staging at a small one star place in Japan, I was given the task of slaughtering and cleaning and portioning a couple dozen chickens a day. It was dirty, bloody, loud, and physically taxing. But now I can break chickens down while still their hearts are still beating very quickly!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:39 pm 

Arby's, 5.15 a hour and the manager had me cleaning the cracks of the seats with a toothpick. To this day she was the worst boss I have ever had.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:46 pm 

Truck tire buster. The pay sucked, the work was on par with busting rocks with a hammer for how hard it was. Dangerous! I did road side emergency service. Think what it must be like to switch out a 400 lb. tire on a cement truck with a full load on the freeway shoulder. WOW! I got to do it more than once too. Dirty too! The only time I'd ever really see my hands look clean was at the end of a week off from the job. They would just start coming clean like a normal persons and I'd have to go back to the grind. Luckily I only did for a bout two years when I was young and didn't know any better. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 pm 

Weed eating for a local farmer during the summer in high school. He owned like 6 farms by the time we got all 6 farms fence rows done it was time to start again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 pm 

I worked at this futon shop with a really mean boss once. wonder whatever happened to him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:59 pm 

My worst job is actually a role I play at my current job, I'm a firefighter/paramedic and I'm also the Chef on my shift. This normally would be a great job to have unfortunately when it comes to proper tools we are lacking some of the most basic.

My main knife is so dull I can run it across my arm without the slightest nick to my skin. Using this knife to cut really isn't an option, I'm forced to hack away at food in an attempt to cut it. Obviously I can only do this with food such as chicken, beef, potatoes, etc. When I want to use vegetables or other soft ingredients I either need to buy pre cut or skip it all together. The other two shifts don't find this to be an issue as they are strictly meat and potatoes and the most basic of recipes only. I cook with only fresh ingredients, lots of vegetables, and tons of variety. I actually like to cook and look at food as more then just something to fill my belly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:03 pm 

Highway cone retriever. :mrgreen:
Kidding, worst job was washing dishes at Jerry's Restaurant for $3.35hr, hated that phucking job. First job other than farm work, which all sucked too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 pm 

What I never realized as a youngster is that horrible jobs help you to find happiness by motivating you to find a job you love doing..

The Worst job for me was working on an assembly line, packaging the same jewelry hour after hour, day after day, week after week, to the point of even having Dreams and Nightmares about doing the job... Pure Monotony.... Go to work early morning get off work when it was dark. Felt like I lived in a cave.

It was a Great Motivator to find something I loved to do.

Now I am a Firefighter and Woodworker. Two things that I love to do... Help People, and make cool things out of wood....
"You never know how the dots connect until you look back"

"Find something you love to do and find a way to make money doing it" You will then find happiness...

Thank you Chef Knives to Go for the opportunity to be part of this cool site.
Jess

Page 2 of 12 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next