It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Speculation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:28 pm 

Are JNats, and Knives becoming a collector's item? It seems as I browse the store, I find more and more listed as out of stock. I have to wonder if this is because demand went ape sh!t on supply, or if its just a matter of inventory control.

Post subject: Re: Speculation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 am 

Mark has discussed this before, but the very brief version is: Stock takes 5-8 weeks to ship overseas, and it is extremely difficult to anticipate demand that far in advance. I'm sure he can do a better job adding nuance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Yes we're selling a couple thousand knives a month and the small makers have a hard time making enough knives to keep us supplied. Also, the first quarter there is big demand from culinary schools in Japan and most of my suppliers really slow down their shipping to me from January through now. It sucks since we get wiped out during xmas and then get delayed on restocking.

I just need to order way more stuff and sit on it. I hate being out of stock because it frustrates customers and I get about 10 "when will x be back in stock" questions a day by phone or email.

It's sometimes hard to believe but we get deliveries every day. Today I got more Richmond knives from Lamson, Konosuke box of about 30 knives and a big box of idahones etc. It's like this most days.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 pm 

i ll try and get some belt finished good stuff sent out after mark gets the nakiri order in and listed

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]