It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:51 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Compare some Richmond knives.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mark:

Thanks for the info. I looked at your other knives and noticed the Richmond Artifex 240mm guyto is also made out of AEB-L steel. How will this knife compare to the new Addict you mentioned will be out soon?

Also, how does the Richmond Artifex 240mm Guyto compare to the Tojiro DP 240mm? Those two are similar in price but obviously different steels.

Of the three, would you recommend one over another?

Thanks, Bill

Richmond Laser

Post subject: Re: Compare some Richmond knives.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:41 pm 

I also like to know the comparison result.

Post subject: Re: Compare some Richmond knives.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 pm 
Forum Moderator

The Artifex and Addict are 2 very different feeling knives.

About the Addict: Much taller than the Artifex, and also either the same thinness behind the edge or possibly slightly thinner than the Artifex. You'll be able to scoop more ingredients with the Addict as well get more knuckle clearance, although knuckle clearance on either knife should not be a problem. Also, the profile at the tip of the Addict might give it a little more rocking action, aka height above an ingredient while leaving the tip on the board.

Compared to a Tojiro DP: I would only compare the Artifex to the Tojiro, and I would probably get the artifex due to better steel, although the metal bolster and beefier handle construction on the Tojiro might turn some people on.

Between Artifex and Addict is a matter of personal preference I suppose, but personally I'd take the Addict as I have no problem with tall knives.

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]