It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kono white vs the cabbage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:48 pm 

So boy blue was dull and hadn't had a chance to touch it up so busted out the laser, (wasn't sure how old the edge was) but was a cold bore shot haha. Can tell in the first video that I wasn't loose. Second was little better, but all and all, not bad for 6:00 am :) Enjoy.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/korewh2se.html

Post subject: Re: Kono white vs the cabbage
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:26 am 
Forum Moderator

I was going to ask what happened with the first video, not your usual speed. Looks like the caffeine kicked in on the second clip! Are you quartering the cabbage before you slice it? I may try to put together a video on my day off today :)

My little Yamashin 165mm Funyaki does great thru cabbage, too!! Crazy thin behind the edge!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:34 am 

haha yup cold bore. Can't keep the speed up for that long when I first start, the old forearm takes a few minutes to work out the kinks. But no caffeine, (that's for after hour 8 and super me comes out which yes is faster than even the normal speed) But yup quartered. I find it works out better for shredding and speed since you're not working with a large section. Also personally speaking you remove the right amount of core because you can see it better. But yeah lets see :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:57 am 

Cold or full speed ahead you sure make my food processor look like a huge waste of money!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 am 

haha. Thanks Jeff :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:24 pm 

Cabbage to cole slow for 200 people in 4 minutes 19 seconds . . . . I understand why the people behind you were moving around so quickly . . . . trying to keep up with the cole slow making machine . . . . when you have a chance . . . . please show us how to use 2 knives with 1 hand like you did in this video . . . .

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:30 pm 
Forum Moderator

No video today for me. Ran some errands this morning, dropped off fishing rod repairs, picked up an ice fishing auger and then back home to finish 2 saya's.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm 

haha Thanks Peter. :) Should have taken some of when I was prepping after hour 11. lol Warp speed happened.

Tim come on we need to see the skills lol. Saya looks great!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]