It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:51 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New and impressed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:17 pm 

Yeah, that error is far to priceless to edit/fix.

Also commenting to back up Mark's services. I recieved the wrong DMT plate due to errors in manufacturing and packaging. Mark had the correct plate at my door in 36 hours and I got the mis-packaged DMT at a very reasonable discount rather then dealing with returns.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 pm 

Mine is a similar story to Gary's— my knowledge of Japanese knives extended only as far as my Williams-Sonoma. The couple of months I've spent on this site, and especially perusing the forum's wealth of knowledge, has opened up a new world for me, especially embracing carbon steel and learning to sharpen. The only negative thing I have to say about the site is the same thing everyone has to say: it's too good at fueling a very expensive addiction...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 am 

I'm with gdad. Discovered this site in November and it has fueled another hobby... J knives! All of my hobbies revolve around food: vegetable gardening, cooking, restaurants,etc. so this is a natural. I've had a Japanese knife I have been using more than any other the past 4 years so it was time to add to the collection. Dropped $$ on 3 knives one of which should arrive tomorrow. Bought one for my brother's b'day present. Purchased stones and sharpening accessories (just put a sick shaving edge on my CCK cleaver today). I am addicted! Thanks to Mark and all of the informative people posting on this site. My knife, steel and sharpening knowledge have skyrocketed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:43 am 

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I believe I may have to give my wife my wallet, lol. I am eyeing a Tanaka right now.
So, much fun though.
Thanks again.
Gary II

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 am 
Forum Moderator

Get the Tanaka before you hand over the wallet!!!

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2