It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shipping, Pricing, and Video link
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am 

When shipping a knife to me for sharpening or repair you may use any mailing service you are comfortable with and can even request I return your package through selected service. Standard shipping is done through USPS where I use their priority mail with tracking and insurance when requested. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.

Remember to use your head when packaging a blade, Wrap the blade or use a saya/sheath and pack tightly in the shipping box. A sharp knife poking through a box could cause serious injury which I'm sure none of us want the responsibility of.

My basic Knife Pricing is,
    $10 for blades <8in
    $20 for blades >8in

Straight razors $10-$20, major repairs will be assessed individually.

Single bevel blades start at $25 and increase in price by length and severity of damage.

Machine sharpening for a factory-like edge at a lower cost is also available. I reserve this for knives that see very rough use at work daily or knives that just need a basic cutting edge.
    $3 for knives < 8in
    $5 for knives > 8in

All payments can be made through Cash, Check, Money Order, PayPal, or by Credit Card.
If interested in getting a knife sharpened send me a email or forum message at ---> traditionalsharpening@gmail.com

To sharpen, I use a large selection of synthetic and natural waterstone. I use Shapton, Naniwa Chosera, Nubatama, and many other high quality stones to provide the sharpest and best cutting edges for all cutlery from your pocket to the kitchen.

Here is a example of a kasumi finish and my work on single bevels.

Super steels and premium high wear resistant metals are also a specialty of mine. When I started sharpening for others it was because I worked with premium alloys that were troubling to some to get sharp. I worked to a different goal at that time and gained a little fame for splitting hairs.

CPM-M4 Spyderco Military

Today though I have left behind the polishing compounds and use just stones with only a light stropping on bare leather. This is part of the Traditional Sharpening method I employ today and use to challenge myself in making sharper edges.

Richmond addict, finished on a 6K Arashiyama. Picture @ 400x

My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEdgy81

Thanks,
Jason

Post subject: Re: Shipping, Pricing, and Video link
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:17 am 

Wow. Nice work!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 am 

Where are you located?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:59 am 

Thank-you,

I am located in SE Michigan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 am 

Changed some pricing, added some services, and I am now accepting credit cards!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:50 am 

Who are you?

It's a question I silently ask myself every so often. I receive a lot of emails and often your email name is all I have to go on unless you clearly identify yourself. Many times your real name, your email ID, and your paypal ID are all different which causes me to sort through emails trying to find clues as to Who You Are.

Please sign you emails and messages so I know whom I am speaking with and let me know if you have any aliases.

Payment of services is something I have tried to simplify over the years. I send a invoice at the completion of services along with payment options. With today's simplicity of PayPal it is the most common used option, again, please let me know who you are. Also, please send to the PayPal address I give you.

Traditionalsharpening @ gmail dot com is NOT my PayPal address.

Thanks,
Jason

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:24 am 

Nice work Jason, it's good to see craftsmen still plying their trade!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]