It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: What would you choose for a set of knives?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Good morning

I have two queries, first I would like to find out about the cost of freight/post to Australia. Is the freight based on weight or per item and could you please give me an estimate based on a maximum of 6 items.

Secondly, we are still trying to decide between Japanese/German and brand preference. Totally confused at the moment, I have been reading lots of information online and have been into a shop here in Australia, but still am equally as confused. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

We are after a number of items or set depending upon best value option. Normal home use, but my partner is left handed and the balance of the family right. We also have one mid-teen and a second approaching teen years and my partner works shift work so life can be very hectic. Consequently, lower maintenance options are probably be slightly better for us, also it would be good to have one item that will cope with cutting hard stuff like pumpkin. We were looking at either the Mess. Meridian Elite, FD or MAC. Another option is to have some from different ranges. We were looking at the following combination:

· Paring

· Utility

· Bread

· Santoku

· Chef

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide some guidance around various brands or options. We understanding the basic differences, but maintenance and durability seem to be issues were there is a great deal of information, but very little consistent information.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to your reply.

Regards, Andrew

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: What would you choose for a set of knives?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Andrew,

We do ship to your country and the shopping cart will give you an accurate shipping quote based on the weight of the items and your address. All you need to do is place the items in the cart, put your shipping address in the fields and choose "International" for the shipping method and then hit the "Apply" button.

We ship via USPS Priority International Mail.

Of the knives you listed I really like the Mac much better than the others. Give those a try.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: What would you choose for a set of knives?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:07 pm 
Forum Moderator

Yeah, of the one's you listed, the Mac's will be the best knives IMHO.

Why only those choices though?

http://marrknives.com
http://facebook.com/marrknives

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]