It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

Sales are limited to 1 thread, but can be bumped and updated as often as you like.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Long Distance....
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:06 pm 
Forum Moderator

Living in Cape Town, SA I understand the prohibitions of shipping restrictions, therefore I will attempt to bring the "goodies" to you via some vids.

I will be post existing vids to date here & am working on some new ones.....stay tuned.

Frankly I reckon dealing with requests from you guys first, might be better.....speak up people.....????

:)

Post subject: Re: Long Distance....
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:46 pm 
Forum Moderator

ROOK <>I don't understand your post as there is no context... requests for what?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 am 

Topics that you'd like him to cover in his videos. Video to order, awesome idea!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 am 
Forum Moderator

Gotcha. Thanks...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 am 
Forum Moderator

Exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:18 pm 

Rook,
Thanks for this.

Here is my opinion and you know this is coming from someone who has the utmost respect for you.

The best knife sharpening videos (freehand) I have ever seen are already out there, there is one particular individual who has produced outstanding free handing demonstrations so for me, I don't need anything in that area.

Your videos have proven that you have an uncanny talent with the Edge Pro. We know you are very meticulous and that you strive for absolute perfection and most importantly, you enjoy teaching others. For example, the drill stop collar, the 2k finish videos.
Perhaps you could take a knife, a kitchen knife and show us how you take it from dull to sharp, step by step and how you deal with the tip and bevel creep issues

For me personally, I find that many videos I see are folks sharpening "sharp knives", not truly sharp but in pretty dang good shape.
I sharpen at least 10 knives a day and every single one of them are victims of neglect and abuse. In fact if people went to prison for knife abuse, these owners would be on death row. So if you even have one, start with knife that is dull, maybe has some chips in the edge. Something you would be ashamed to own. Those are the knives I have waiting for me at home to sharpen on a daily basis. I'm not overly impressed by videos of people sharpening a new knife for the purpose of demonstrating sharpness, now if demonstrating technique is another matter, love that.

This is just my thoughs Rook, I love your images and videos of your work, they are inspiring and give folks a goal to reach. It also speak volumes of the Edge Pro and you are a master of that device. I'm personally pretty comfortable with my EP Pro, had it for a couple of years and still marvel at it's versatility. I like your work though so something to consider down the road.

If you do this, I won't owe you anything.......just getting that out there :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 pm 
Forum Moderator

Yo Pete:

Noted & thx for the kind words - I will work on something along those lines.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:24 pm 

I'd like to see info on the pro model of the Edge Pro also. I've had the Apex for 3 years and love it. It is much more accurate and flexible in it's capabilities than any other sharpening system I've used or seen on videos. Now that I'm used to it's accuracy or perfection (at a given level) I would like to see why the professional model would be more advantageous to own. When you are pointing out features on the professional model can you include info on if the specific feature is different or even available on the Apex model? This may be valuable to someone who has an Apex (like me) and might be interested in the pro in the future. Or, if someone doesn't have either he/she may decide to get the pro model instead of getting the Apex for now, then getting the Pro later, spending even more money than just getting the pro now. I hope that makes sense.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]