It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Show us what you got!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:57 pm 

Are you still making those redheart sayas? I have a 180mm Misuzu Santoku that would look quite nice in one of those.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:02 pm 

thegingerninja.abq wrote:And last is a set of 10 steak knives in a presentation box made of Bolivian Rosewood, Walnut and Maple

Did you make the box to Cody?
Looks absolutely amazing dude! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:53 pm 

gwenzt wrote:Are you still making those redheart sayas? I have a 180mm Misuzu Santoku that would look quite nice in one of those.

Hello gwentz! Redheart is a wood I haven't often come across and I do not currently stock. However, since the hunt of finding the right piece of wood is one of my favorite aspects to saya making, I would be glad to find a nice piece for you if you are set on the redheart. We can chat about it in a pm or you can email thegingerninja.abq@gmail.com Thanks!

GopherBroke, yeah that is a box I made. Tricky little buggers to get right, but very rewarding to complete!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:22 am 

A selection recent work:

Wakui Nashiji 240. Buckeye burl, Bog Oak and silver handle with figured Walnut saya.

Anryu 210 with Desert Ironwood handle, Bocote saya.

Konosuke Swedish Stainless 270mm Sujihiki with Sugi saya.

Kohestu AS 240mm Gyuto with locally sourced Siberian Elm Saya. It's nice to take wood from a tree that is considered and invasive species and is often hated, and transform it into something useful and beautiful.

A matching Spalted Tamarind saya and handle combo on this Catcheside chef knife. Handle wood is stabilized in house.

Haburn K-tip Gyuto with Maple burl saya.

Thank you for looking!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:40 pm 

Cody I've said it many times before but when it comes to sayas, YOU...ARE...THE...MAN! :ugeek:

Not to mention all the other nice sh*t you make too! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:46 pm 

Just ran through this thread again. Just great work Cody. Beautiful.

My knives are definately jealous. (Ok ok. Im jealous)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:22 pm 

Thanks DarkStar!! I appreciate you posting in my sub-forum. I'm sorry I'm behind on posting new material. It takes quite a bit more effort to post stories with pictures on the forum when compared to Instagram or Facebook. Really with loading pics on from phone to computer to photobucket to forum (I friggen cannot stand photobucket btw, the ads ugh) and making edits, it takes me over an hour for something I do in minute elsewhere. I feel like I'm missing something and I'm sure there is any easier way to get my pics from the phone to the forum. I'm all ears for suggestions. Maybe with the new forum I can start afresh with photo hosting. Anyway, thanks again for the support. Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:30 am 

imgur is million times better than photobucket..i made that switch recently. I post all of my photos from phone to social media like you do but i also email them to myself and download to computer and upload to imgur annnnnd theennnnn post to forums 1 or 2 times a week....yah its all very time consuming

http://www.blackstoneknife.com
https://www.facebook.com/BlackstoneKnifeCo
instagram.com/timostheos

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3