It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:55 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 1st J knife purchased! lost by hotel!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:47 am 
Forum Moderator

YOS9 <> Both sides of this conversation have merit, and it sucks either way. Often in life it's both one way & another, there's a paradox in every paradigm.

Your unaddressed question still remains though regarding buying another suji. Outside of financial constraints, I don't see what you're waiting for. You still need/want the knife, & the delivery can be held at FedEx for you to pickup. Yes, less convenient then home/work delivery, but guarantees you receive it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:16 pm 
Forum Moderator

yes, absolutely use FedEx and get them to hold the package for you... I trust FedEx, then UPS, then USPS as the last resort. :)

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm 

Paradox wrote:Well said Jeff. Here in Seattle 10 year line cooks are homeless since their unemployment has run out and they can't even get work flipping burgers. You ever lived on unemployment? I have and it sucks, it's a fraction of what you would be making on a job. If you can afford the high road then good on you. Many of us can't though.

Yes, I have lived on unemployment and even less before and your right, it sucks. I have caused myself to be on unemployment before because I stood up for myself at work and am proud of it. I would rather struggle for awhile than work for people that don't appreciate what I do for them or try to dump on me wrongly.
I take responsibility for my actions, when I'm wrong I admit it and except what happens. When I'm right I have no problem saying it. That might make me sound like some kind of a$$hole but I'm just a hard working person that does his job and expects to be respected for it as I respect others. yosarian is in the right on this one. Somethings might be considered taking it to far given the situation but he shouldn't just have to stand back and eat it.
I'm not trying to offend in anyway here, just speaking my piece.

Melampus<> Both sides of this conversation have merit, and it sucks either way. The Line of the Day

Off my soapbox again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:13 am 

Update:
I got the package.
Someone from the AV dept. shares my first name and last initial.
A coworker of that person thought the package was for his coworker, so he took it to the AV dept. (Why he took someone elses mail without that person asking him to is beyond me.)
IMO That still doesnt excuse the management giving me the runaround / lying about the tape but whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 am 
Forum Moderator

YOS 9 <> Image AWESOME!

Dude, was just helping his buddy out... so he thought, and your package was returned so there was no nefarious intent.

Time to put this behind you, and move on... quickly. What you encountered is life. Until our name is on the door, we're pawns in the game. Don't hate the players, don't hate the game, just get better at playing it because it's not changing anytime soon and the mortgage calls.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 pm 

YO9, glad to hear it all worked out in the end. Won't be the last time something crappy like this happens.
As MEL said, put it behind you and move on, it's just a part of life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:39 pm 

Glad it worked out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 am 

I'm sure they keep the video records for a long time. Data storage space is dirt cheap, and the whole reason behind cameras is to prevent crime. If HR can't find who did it, then ask them if you can view the camera record yourself. Maybe they are trying to hide something. Maybe they saw who did it, but that person is high up and they don't want to start any problems.

Or maybe its just in a weird spot. Perhaps a co-worker saw it and stashed it for you... Who knows.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2