It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Artifex arrived!
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 pm 
Forum Moderator

Well, the 2 Artifex I ordered arrived a few minutes ago!! They are pretty sweet!! Grinds are clean and smooth, edge is very sharp and very toothy, slices with little effort, very aggressive edge on them! Blade finish is very nice as well, very clean and smooth. Handles feel awesome!! Handles are a black/dark grey Pakkawood and very nicely shaped and rounded. I could barely find any uneveness between the steel tang and the handles, which is very hard to do with the softer handle material vs hard blade tang steel! Spine was nicely rounded, too. I did not get to handle an older Artifex to compare the handles and blade grinds, but this one is pretty nice!! The front of the handle kinda melts nicely into the hand during the pinch grip. They are nice and thin, but have a hefty feel in the hand, which I kinda like. They feel solid and not whippy.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to cut up with them yet, so that part of the review will have to wait! But with the looks and how they feel in the hand, I am excited!

Post subject: Re: Artifex arrived!
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:02 pm 
Forum Moderator

Well, I got to cut something! Mom wanted a tomato cut! Nice, clean, smooth cuts with very little effort, not much sticking, no wedging. Handle is very comfy while cutting, too. I got some Blue Buckeye, Box Elder and Maple burls in today, thinking copper liner, blue stabilized wood handle and copper mosaic pins for a rehandle :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

I can't wait to see what you do with it! Pictures please!! :)

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 am 
Forum Moderator

I've been using the knife more and more lately. Does very well with onions, peppers (even the skin), potatoes, steak, etc. No wedging in the food and the food slides off easily when it does stick. I got to sharpen it up fully and it takes an edge very close to carbon steel. I decided to use a red liner and stabilized Sycamore burl and pics are up in the Photo section. It's nice to have a stainless knife in the lineup that I don't have to worry about washing right away!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]