It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Magnifying Loupe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:04 am 

I'd like to piggyback on this thread and ask for more input to the second question of the original post: "Is there a "best" magnification if so?"

I am trying to make up my mind regarding which magnifying loop I should choose. People seem to like the 20x, and I noticed it was mentioned in this thread as well, but would there be advantages to buying a 30x, or 45x, or 60x loop instead? Has anyone tried multiple magnifications and found one to be the most useful? I was leaning towards the 20x or the 30x/60x combo magnifier. Has anyone tried both of these?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm 

Hi SRF and welcome to the forum, The common 20x is what I bought and it seems to do a good job. I haven't used any other. In some of the videos I have seen some of the pros use a usb microscope with their computer that have like 10x-50x Optical 200x Digital Magnification. Just another option to look at if your really into it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 pm 

I had contemplated getting a microscope, but considering the price difference, I thought I would try out a magnifier first and see how helpful that proved to be. Anyone own the 30X/60X combo magnifier?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm 

That little 20x with the LED Mark offers is pretty darn good. I just picked one up. Works very well.

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2