It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: First Japanese knife.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there, Im looking to treat myself to a new (my first 'real' chefs knife) knife for Christmas and came across your website. I'm also after one of those Idahone ceramic honing rods.

Not yet decided on the knife as time is really of the essence for me atm so not had a chance to research much. From memory though, last time I was looking around, the Torijo Gyuto seemed to be a good starter knife? I currently use a Global 210mm gyuto so thinking I should maybe stay at the same length, could you maybe offer up some advice as to a good first knife to go with please? Price wise, Im not looking to spend the earth so maybe around the 75-100 mark for the knife or there abouts.

Many Thanks

Daniel

Richmond Laser

Post subject: Re: First Japanese knife.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

The Fujiwara FKM stainless and the Richmond Artifex are the 2 knives that compete fairly closely with the Tojiro DP. All three are good buys in this price range for a good stainless knife.

Richmond Laser

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]