It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: >> "Pre-Shave" <<
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 pm 
Forum Moderator

So as I've been getting excited about this new straight edge shaving venture, I had mentioned something to one of my best friends. His eyes lit up, and he said - with a glint in his eye, "I know you; this is going to be a new ritual for you, and trust me when I say you will glean such satisfaction from the process."

I had never known he shaved with a straight edge, but he brought up his choice of "pre-shave" which I had never heard of before. He went on & on about how much he loves his, and it made me wonder what your favorites are. He toutes Proraso.

What are your favorites :?:

He also went on about having to have a brush stand. Is it such an imperative like he makes it out to be?

Post subject: Re: >> "Pre-Shave" <<
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 pm 
Forum Moderator

Pro Raso is decent and used in a lot of barber shops. It's ok, but I don't really use preshave products

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:27 pm 

When I first started shaving with a straight I tried all sorts of preshave products and rituals, but don't use them anymore because I found that they didn't make any appreciable difference in the quality or comfort of the shave. For me, face lathering is more than sufficient to soften my beard. YMMV, so try whatever strikes your fancy and see how it works for you.

As far as a brush stand is concerned, I find it lengthens the lifetime of the brush by keeping water from draining into the knot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:47 pm 
Forum Moderator

I haven't started useing pre shaves yet, but from what a friend told me in the razor and all things shaving business he uses the poraso and I probably will soon as the funds come in, rite now I am useing omega shaving soap and it has a lot o coconut oil in it and I love it, don't get me wrong i like the poraso s too but the omega shaving soap is half the price and I think its ad good if not maybe better for my face than the poraso soap. I can buy 2 omegas in the soap tub compared to the porasos and still have change. But yes I am going to use a pre shave soon just to try it and I will continue to use the poraso and omega shaving soaps interchangeably. Peace and prosperity to all, jmbullman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 am 
Forum Moderator

AFAIK Omega soap is just re-branded Proraso. Are we talking soap or cream here, The black omega tub is definitively made by proraso.

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 am 
Forum Moderator

It's the black, over here its half the price, guess that's why I love it. Peace and prosperity, jmbullman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 am 
Forum Moderator

Image to all three for your input..

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]