It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:39 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Storing waterstones
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm 

Whats the best method? Just let them air dry for awhile? Put mine back in the box after overnight on the counter and had soggy boxes......

Post subject: Re: Storing waterstones
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm 

air dry in room temp, naturally let them dry. keep indoors away from the sun. when fully dry, you can put them back in the boxes if you wish.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 pm 

Depending on your climate, over night might not be adequate time to fully dry out your stone. My stones take a few days to dry out. I have a feeling it is due to the beach climate i live in. I used to store them in the boxes but ive since dedicated a shelf to my stones and sharpening supplies so no more soggy boxes for me. Not sure whether it's right or wrong. Its just what i do =)

~~gabe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 am 
Site Admin

I never put the back in their boxes. Moisture gets trapped so I just stack them on a shelf with something in between them to encourage air flow around them. Currently I use chop sticks.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm 

I use my nubatamas (man made) multiple times in a week, so they're all full time soakers which allows me to put them to use without delay. My Jnats stay dry in open air.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]